You can configure syncing to run in several ways.
- Manual - The device syncs only when you select Sync Now from the Traveler Options menu.
- Always Connected - The device remains connected to the server and syncs whenever changes are made on the server or device.
- Timed - The device syncs with the server every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours.
You can specify one of these modes of operation to use during peak hours and a different mode of operation to use during off-peak hours. For example, you may want the device to stay connected during the peak hours of 8AM - 5PM. You may further only want the device to sync once per hour during off-peak hours and on weekends.
To configure automatic syncing, perform the following procedure:
- Select the Lotus Notes® Traveler icon .
- Select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Auto Sync.
- Select Schedule.
- Select Peak sync type and choose the mode to be used during peak hours.
- Select Off-peak sync type and choose the mode to be used during off-peak hours.
If the peak and off-peak sync modes are the same, then a schedule does not need to be set. However, if the modes differ, then you can define the peak days and times by setting the following:
- Peak days - The days which are considered peak.
- Peak start time - The time for the peak sync type to be activated on the selected peak days.
- Peak end time - The time for the peak sync type to be deactivated on the selected peak days.
In addition to the schedule settings, the following options may also be configured in the Auto Sync settings:
Enable SMS notifications
SMS email address (this option is disabled if "Enable SMS nofications" is unchecked)
- On - Allows SMS messages over the carrier network to aide the Traveler server in notifying the client of new data to be synced. Enabling this can dramatically increase battery life, but should only be done if the carrier charges a flat rate for unlimited SMS messages.
- Off - Does not allow SMS messages to be used for notification of new data, but still allows the server to send the device SMS messages for security reasons.
The SMS email address for the phone. If provided, the Traveler client uses SMS messages for security purposes, such as wiping the device if it is lost or stolen. A list of Mail-to-SMS Gateway addresses for various carriers can be found here
. If you do not know this address, contact your network provider.
Disable sync when battery low
Parent topic: How do I configure Lotus Notes Traveler on an Android device?
- Yes - Prevents the Traveler client from making non-user requested connections to the server while the battery is low.
- No - Allows the Traveler client to operate as normal, regardless of whether the battery is low.