How do I create and manage calendar entries on an Android device?Added by IBM on November 14, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can create and manage calendar entries on your Android device in various ways.
You can create and manage calendar entries on your Android device in various ways.
Table 1. Creating and managing calendar entries
Parent topic: Managing the calendar on an Android device
|How do I...||Action|
|Change the calendar display?||
- Select Menu.
- Select one of the following:
- Day: List daily calendar entry descriptions with the time slot display.
- Week: Visual display of booked time slots for the week.
- Agenda: List daily calendar entry descriptions without the time slot display.
|Create a calendar entry?||
- From a calendar view, select Menu.
- Select New Event.
- Type a subject in the Subject field.
- Select Event type: choices are "Meeting", "Appointment", "All Day Event", "Anniversary", and "Reminder".
- To change start or end time, select the link. This will display a date and time selection dialog.
- Do any of the following:
If the calendar event you are creating is a meeting, you can add names to the invitation using the Required, Optional, or FYI fields.
Select Save or Menu > Save event to save and close.
- Select the Repeats link to display the Repeats dialog. Then specify the repeat options.
- Select the Alarm link to display the Alarm dialog. Then set the time interval for the alarm to sound before an event.
- Use the Description field to add any additional information about the entry.
- Enter a category name in the Category field.
- You can make the event private by selecting Mark private.
- You can designate the time slot as available by selecting Available.
|Reschedule or update a meeting?||
- Select the calendar entry.
- Select Menu > Edit to open the entry for editing.
|Set an alarm?||
- In a calendar entry, select Alarm to display the Alarm editor.
- Select Enable alarm notification. Specify in either minutes, hours or days the amount of time before or after the start of the calendar entry to trigger the alarm.
- Press the Back button to set the alarm. Select the Cancel menu option to discard changes.
|Edit a calendar entry?||
- Open the calendar entry.
- Select Edit.
- Make the edits to calendar entry.
- Select Save event to save and close.
- For repeat calendar entries, a window displays. Select Just this instance to save only this occurrence or select All instances to save all occurrences. Then select either Save or Cancel.
|Delete a calendar entry?||
- Select the calendar entry.
- Select Menu > Delete to permanently delete the calendar entry.
Note: If the entry is a recurring event, the confirmation dialog contains choices to delete this instance or all instances.
|Add tap-to-dial coding for a new calendar entry?||You can add special characters to customize the tap-to-dial functionality of telephone numbers within a calendar entry. |
You can use the characters "p" and "," (comma) as "pause" characters. In addition, the characters ";" (semicolon) and "x" will cause a user to be prompted before the characters which follow it are sent.
Some examples of conference call number formats are shown below. The first examples pause between dialing the phone number and sending the access code:
The next examples cause an Android device to prompt the user before sending the access code: