In order for your Nokia S60 device to support security policies and the remote wipe feature, you must first install the security enablement library that is available on the Nokia-Traveler security page.
Symbian^3 devices do not need the security enablement library because the library is built in to the device.
During installation of the library, you may receive a message warning you that this application is not compatible with your device, and asking if you wish to proceed anyway. Answer yes to proceed with the installation.
- Go to the Nokia for Business Web Email and Messaging Web page.
- Scroll down to the section for IBM® Lotus® Traveler, and click Specifications.
- Click the link Lotus Traveler Security enablement library SIS-file and instructions to download this application to your computer. The application is a SIS-file inside a zip archive.
- Extract the SIS-file named IBMTTPAAllowNewApp.SIS to your file system.
- Transfer the library to your Nokia phone using one of these methods:
- Nokia OVI Suite – With Nokia Ovi Suite you can install phone applications, such as the Lotus Traveler security enablement library. First download and install Nokia OVI suite if you do not already have it installed. Once OVI Suite is set up and connected with your Nokia device, install the security enablement library by double clicking on the file IBMTTPAAllowNewApp.SIS that you downloaded from the Nokia Web site. This automatically transfers the application to your Nokia device and begins the installation process.
- Email attachment – If you have another email account already setup on your Nokia phone, you could email the IBMTTPAAllowNewApp.SIS file to that account and download the application using email on the phone. Then open the attachment to begin the installation process.
- Bluetooth or Infrared – If your phone supports Bluetooth or Infrared networking, and you have a laptop computer that supports the same communication type, then you can transfer the file using this method from your computer to your device. Files transferred in this way show up as new messages in the main mailbox Inbox on the device. Opening the message in the Inbox starts the installation.
- Removable memory card – If your device and your computer have slots for a removable memory card, you can save the IBMTTPAAllowNewApp.SIS file from your computer to the memory card and then connect the memory card to the device. Use the Microsoft™ Office application File Manager to browse to the memory card, locate the application, and launch it.
After installing the library, then you can proceed with installing Lotus Notes Traveler
. Note that the only way to remove the security application is to restore the application back to factory defaults. Uninstalling the application does not remove the capability required by Lotus Notes
Traveler for remote security administration on the Nokia device.
Parent topic: Using a Nokia device FAQ