How do I reply to a message on an Android device?Added by IBM on July 5, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can reply to the person who sends you a message and to all of the recipients of the message.
You can reply to the person who sends you a message and to all of the recipients of the message.
Use the following steps to reply to a message:
- Open the message.
- Select Menu.
- For Android phones, select one of the following options:
|Reply||Sends a reply to the sender only.|
|Reply to All||Sends a reply to the sender and to all other recipients of the messages.|
For Android tablets, select the Reply icon
. A sub-menu displays with options for Reply
and Reply to All
- Optional: To view the Cc:, Bcc:, press Menu > Add Cc/Bcc.
- Type your reply.
- Optional: Do either of the following:
On an Android phone, select Send to send the message. On tablets, the Send, Save as Draft, and Discard options reside in the action bar.
- To attach one or more files on Android phones, select Menu > Attach. On tablets, select the Attachment link, between the subject and the message body.
- To specify delivery options on Android phones, such as priority, select Menu > Message Options. On tablets, the Message Options menu is available by selecting the Overflow Menu button, the last icon in the Action Bar.
Parent topic: Managing mail on an Android device