Android troubleshootingAdded by IBM on December 10, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|This section contains troubleshooting tips for Android users.
Lotus Notes Traveler client
|Problems installing the Lotus Notes® Traveler client.||If you encounter a problem installing Lotus Notes Traveler, check:
- If a port number is not specified in the server name field, the installation assumes port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS. If the server is running on a non-standard port, ensure that the port number is specified along with the server. For example, if the server is running on port 8080, the server should be specified as mytest.server.com:8080.
- If the Traveler servlet is located in a place other than /traveler, then the servlet must be specified along with the server name. For example, if the Traveler servlet is available at mytest.server.com/s/t instead of mytest.server.com/traveler, then the server should be specified as mytest.server.com/s/t. If the servlet was located at /s/t and was on port 8080, then the server should be specified as mytest.server.com:8080/s/t. Neither the port or the servlet path are standard.
- Manually test connectivity to the server by accessing the servlet with a browser. If you are using HTTP protocol, use the following URL: http://<server>:<httpport>/<servlet>. If you are using HTTPS protocol, then use the following URL instead: https://<server>:<httpsport>/<servlet>. If you can access that site, then you can enter the same URL into the server field.
- For information on device requirements for SmartCloud Notes® Traveler, refer to http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27023486.
|Nothing happens after configuring your Android device. ||Pull down the notification bar at the top to see the download progress.|
|Download progress of LotusInstaller.apk or LotusTraveler.apk is stuck at "Waiting for data connection" or "connecting".||The default Android browser does not support downloading from a site with a self signed SSL certificate. Connect to your server using HTTP or use a different application to download the installer. |
|Verifying installation||To ensure that you properly install and register the Lotus Notes Traveler Client:
The Lotus Notes Traveler client installation continues. However, if the above message is seen, you may want to close other running applications, or perform a soft reset in order to free up resources.
- Choose the correct APK file for your device
- Android = LotusTraveler.apk
- The IBM® Lotus Notes Traveler client installation checks the device for both required memory and available slots to run. If either of these resources are insufficient, the message "IBM Lotus Notes Traveler client installation has detected insufficient device resources to run this product" displays. The installation log also displays an entry stating "Install is checking your device resources for IBM Lotus Notes Traveler".
- Verify that the server name field does not include http://, https://, port number, or servlet.
- Check client log for additional information.
|Verifying connections||To verify your connection to the server:
- Validate Lotus Notes Traveler server access using firewall or proxy
- Use Check Server tool and browser to further diagnose connection issues
- Check sync protocol.
|Verifying authentication||To verify your authentication with the server:
- Check for correct ACL access to the server
- Check for firewalls that may block access to the server
|Verifying configuration||To verify your configuration with the server:
- Check server ports
- Check sync protocol, for example HTTP or HTTPS.
- Check the AutoSync flag
|Verifying contention||To check other issues between the device and the server:
- Verify that other applications are not starving the Traveler process; shut down non-critical applications.
- Verify that the device is not low on power; plug the device in and shut down non-critical applications.
- Verify that the device is not running out of storage; adjust the Mail/Calendar and Other Applications filters.
- Verify that the device can connect to the internet.
|Verifying security||Security policies are an option that is enabled by the Lotus Notes Traveler administrator. To verify that a device is compliant with a mobile device security policy, see How do I view the security status of my Android device?.|
|"Uninstall not successful" when attempting to remove Lotus Notes Traveler.||If you receive this message, you are trying to remove Lotus Notes Traveler using the Android Application manager. You cannot uninstall an application that has an active Android Device Administrator. To properly uninstall Lotus Notes Traveler, open the Lotus® Traveler client and choose Menu > Tools > Uninstall application. This completely removes Lotus Notes Traveler and all associated data that has been synced.|
If you must remove Lotus Notes Traveler from the Android manage applications menu, then you must first deactivate the Lotus Notes Traveler Security administrator. From the home screen choose Menu > Settings> Location & Security > Select device administrators. Unselect Lotus Traveler Security. The application can now be removed normally.
|Status icons|| AutoSync off; status nominal.|
AutoSync on; status nominal.
Syncing with the server.
Cannot reach the server.
Battery is too low for AutoSync.
No device connectivity.
General error message.
Device security problem, autosync and sync are disabled.
Device is in flight mode so autosync and sync are disabled.
Parent topic: Troubleshooting tips
|Duplicate mail or PIM data may appear on the device, but not on the server||Perform a “replace data” operation using the Lotus Notes Traveler client to resolve this issue. Follow these steps:
The data on the client is replaced with a copy of the server data.
- Go to the Lotus Traveler main menu
- Go to “Tools -> Replace data”
- Select applications with duplicate data and select “Replace”
|Mail and calendar data is missing from the device after external storage card has been erased.||If Lotus Notes Traveler has been configured to store data on the external storage card, then this could occur if the folders that contain this data are erased. To resolve this issue, perform a “replace data” operation using the Lotus Notes Traveler client:|
The data on the client will be restored with a copy of the server data.
- Go to the Lotus Traveler main menu.
- Select Tools > Replace data.
- Choose the applications with duplicate data and then select Replace.