How do I create and manage calendar entries on a Windows Mobile device?Added by IBM on December 10, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can create and manage calendar entries on your Windows™ Mobile device in various ways.
Table 1. Creating and managing calendar entries
Parent topic: Managing the calendar on your Windows Mobile device
|How do I...||Action|
|Change the calendar display?||
- Select Menu.
- Select View.
- Select one of the following:
- Agenda: List daily calendar entry descriptions without the time slot display.
- Day: List daily calendar entry descriptions with the time slot display.
- Week: Visual display of booked time slots for the week.
- Month: Visual display of booked time slots for the month.
- Year: Display yearly calendar.
|Create a calendar entry?||
- From a calendar view, select Menu.
- Select New Appointment.
- Type a subject in the Subject field.
- Specify date and time information as necessary in the Starts field and, if necessary, in the Ends field.
- Do any of the following:
Select OK to save and close.
- Select Occurs to repeat the entry, and then specify the repeat options.
- Select reminder to set an alarm, and then set the time interval for the alarm to sound before an event.
- Select a category name in the Categories field.
- Select Notes to add any additional information about the entry.
|Set an alarm?||
- In a calendar entry, select Reminder.
- In the Reminder field, select Remind me. Then specify in either minutes, hours, days, or weeks the amount of time before the calendar entry to trigger the alarm.
|Set an automatic alarm?||
- From a calendar view, for Windows Mobile 5 users, select Menu -> Options. For Windows Mobile 6 users, select Menu -> Tools -> Options.
- Select Appointments.
- Select Set reminders for new items, then specify in either minutes, hours, days, or weeks the amount of time before the calendar entry to trigger the alarm.
|Edit a calendar entry?||
- Open the calendar entry.
- Select Edit.
- For repeat calendar entries, a window displays. Select Yes to edit only this occurrence or select No to edit all occurrences.
- Make the edits to calendar entry.
Note: Although the device allows you to edit the Occurs field, any update to this field is not accepted by the server.
- Select OK to save and close.
|Delete a calendar entry?||
- Select the calendar entry.
- Select Menu -> Delete Appointment.
- Select Yes to permanently delete the calendar entry.