Before installing the IBM Lotus
Mobile Installer, complete the steps in How do I install the Nokia security library
All delivery methods of downloading the Lotus
Mobile Installer (LMI) and Lotus Notes
Traveler client to a mobile device are supported. The following list includes some of the methods:
- Over-the-air (OTA) connect to the client download website
- Nokia PC Suite
- Nokia OviSuite
- Email attachment
- Removable memory card
After installation, the Lotus Notes
Traveler client requires minimal user configuration before it can sync with the Lotus Notes
Use the following steps to download the Lotus
Mobile Installer application from the Lotus Notes
Traveler user home page (if necessary), as well as to install the Lotus Notes
If you were running a beta release of Lotus Notes
the beta drivers before continuing.
You must have a Lotus Notes
Traveler subscription before you can access the Traveler service.
Parent topic: Installing the Lotus Notes Traveler client on a Nokia device
- Download the Lotus Mobile Installer.
To download the Lotus Notes
Traveler client, you must first have the Lotus
Mobile Installer application installed on your device. Some devices may come with the LMI pre-loaded. If you already have the LMI, skip to step 2 to begin installing the Lotus Notes
Traveler client. If you do not have the LMI installed on your device, you can obtain it from the Lotus Notes
Traveler user home page using the following procedure:
- Turn on your mobile device.
- Launch the browser on your device.
- Go to the Lotus Notes Traveler user home page at http://hostname/servlet/traveler.
- Select Download Lotus Mobile Installer.
- Transfer the file to your mobile device and open the file.
- When the installation is complete, the Lotus Mobile Installer starts.
- Install the Lotus Notes Traveler client using Lotus Mobile Installer.
- Start the Lotus Mobile Installer application (it runs automatically if you just installed it).
- Select OK to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- The Welcome screen displays. Select Next.
- Enter the server address used for connecting to your Lotus Notes Traveler server. If you use a custom port number for the connection, then enter the server name using a format like the following example:
If your server uses the standard ports 443 for SSL or 80 for HTTP, then the additional port is not needed. Also, you do not need to specify that this is an SSL connection - the connection tries SSL first, and if it fails, an HTTP connection.
- Enter the user ID and password used to connect to the Lotus Notes Traveler server and select Next.
- LMI connects and scans for any new updates or applications to install. When the Lotus Notes Traveler application has been found and is ready for installation, select Yes to begin the download and install the client.
- When the installation is complete, the Lotus Notes Traveler configuration wizard starts.
- Select Next.
- Select the applications that you want to sync and select Next.
- Select OK.