There is no client software required. Supported applications connect to Lotus Notes
Traveler using the ActiveSync protocol. Apple devices support secure connections to the Lotus Notes
Traveler server using SSL or VPN connections. The same Lotus Notes
Traveler server supports Windows
™ Mobile, Nokia, Android, and Apple devices for the same or different users. Although there is no client software to install, you must create an Apple account
on your device for mail, calendar, and contacts before you can connect to the Lotus Notes
Traveler includes support for two-way, push, manual, or scheduled syncing for mail, calendar, and contacts for the supported Apple devices. Other features for these devices include:
- Support for corporate directory name look up – You can search your corporate directory directly from your device. After typing the first few characters of a name or email address for a mail message, the Lotus Notes Traveler server searches for a list of matching names. It then displays them for you on the device. Also, you can search for users in your contacts application on the Apple device, and it returns email addresses and phone numbers.
- Embedded attachment support – Rich text mail messages can display embedded images and attachments. For attachments larger than 1 MB, you must explicitly download the attachments from within the message.
Other mail support includes:
- Mail folder syncing from server to device
- Inbox mail is pushed to devices automatically
- Other folders sync on devices when opened
- Ability to push selected mail folders to Apple devices (versions 3.0 or later)
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting folders on an Apple device
- Rich HTML content
- Syncing of read/unread status
- Moving mail to and deleting mail from folders
- Marking an email for follow-up or as unread from the device
Traveler does not support syncing of the Reminders application.
Calendar support includes full support of recurring events including Lotus Notes
custom repeating events.
Contacts support includes syncing of all Domino
® contact fields including the photo field.
You should consider downloading the Traveler Companion application from the Apple App Store if you need to read Domino-encrypted mail on your Apple device.
Apple devices do not support ActiveSync syncing of the Notebook or To Do applications.
For information about unsupported features, see Apple limitations and restrictions
Other devices running the ActiveSync protocol are not officially supported by Lotus Notes
Traveler at this time. Testing with the ActiveSync protocol has been limited to the Apple devices listed; running the ActiveSync protocol with other devices can produce unexpected results.
Parent topic: Setting up Traveler on your Apple device