Thomas Kennedy 7.Dec.06 02:38 PM Lotus Notes Lotus Connectors LC LSX - All Releases Windows 2000
Cross-posted from R6 Forum, with a couple of edits for clarity, because it might be of interest here also.
If you instantiate an LCconnection using the "oledb" argument, and let this object pass out of scope without calling connect, Notes drag-and-drop stops working.
If you call connect, the problem does not occur even if the connection is unsuccessful.
This problem does not occur with the "oracle8" connector. This is the only other connector we tested.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Using 6.5.5 in Windows 2000, create a form.
2. Add the following to the Options event:
3. Add the following to Declarations:
dim x as LCconnection
4. Add the following to Postopen:
set x = new LCconnection("oledb")
5. Preview the form.
6. Close the document. Notes Drag-and-drop no longer works.
There is nothing in 6.5.5fp1 or fp2 that appears to be related to this. I do not know if this also happens under XP but it probably does as most of ours users are on XP and that's how we found it.