sylvain quelo 6.Jun.03 01:04 PM a Web browser LEI LEI - 6.0 Solaris/SPARC
Working with Domino 6 and Oracle 8 on Solaris 8, I'd like to see a Data Connection Ressource working.
1) When I use DECS Administrator, all is ok : I can initialize my fields then open, create, update and delete that's great !
But when I use a DCR with the same base / table / form, I can't make the "Import external records" in Designer. The first dialog box "You have requested key document generation [...] Do you wish to continue ?" appears, then I click "Yes", and a DECS administrator dialog box tells me "Object variable not set at line 105"... Very frustrating.
A quick LS debugging seems to indicate that the message comes from CheckCacheError().
2) Also I want to be sure of the basic concepts :
- Is the DCR independant of the DECS activities (I mean we don't need to start an activity to use a DCR) ?
- Apparently, the DCR uses the libraries of the DECS admin database ?
- Can we make some analogies between DECS/DCR like :
Initialize fields / Import external data
Allow connections to external dbs using DCRs / Start activity
3) Is LEI a new name for DECS in R6 or another product ? What is free and what is not free (LEI / Oracle connector, etc.) ? If LEI is another product, what can it do better than DECS ? I've got tons of articles from LDD but must acknoledge that I'm lost ! I just need a simple overview. I've downloaded the LEI trial but won't install it before clearing all these things.