RE: Force failure in a scripted activity
Thomas Kennedy 23.Nov.10 03:45 PM Lotus Notes
LEI All Releases All Platforms
I know that LEI 6 does not support this. Later versions might. I seem to recall that this area was expanded in LEI 7.
You could use polling activities. Here, Activity1 has two dependent activities, SuccessPoll and FailurePoll. Each of these runs, or does not run, its own scripted activity.
-> SuccessPoll -> SuccessActivity
-> FailurePoll -> FailureActivity
1. Activity1's agent sets a document item in a hidden view* to -1, then does its work, and sets the document to 1 (success) or 0 (failure).**
2. SuccessPoll checks for a 1 in the hidden document and if found runs SuccessActivity.
3. FailurePoll checks for a 0 in the hidden document and if found runs FailureActivity.
This arrangement would not work if the hidden document became involved in a save conflict unless you took precautions to ignore conflicts in your polling.
* For maximum clarity this setup step could be offloaded to a command activity or some such.
* I do not remember if you can use a profile document here. If you could it would be more efficient.
Force failure in a scripted activit... (Gabriel Balado 23.Nov.10)
. . RE: Force failure in a scripted act... (Thomas Kennedy 23.Nov.10)