Joel OConnor 28.Mar.12 08:11 AM a Web browser LEI LEI - 6.5 Windows
I have a replication activity that runs nightly. It's been running for years without issue, but suddenly in the last few weeks I have run into a problem with it. The issue actually started March 1st. The activity runs without issue for the standard amount of time it normally does, but it doesn't update all of the records that it should. The activity log shows that the activity ran successfully, but the number of documents it updated is extremely low.
I find this out from my users who run reports on this data first thing in the morning. Re-running the activity fixes the issue, but it takes 45 minutes. The activity runs off of a view in the database. I have confirmed that the view is displaying the correct information. I have tried deleting and recreating the view, letting LEI recreate the view, changing the index option to discard after each use, all to no avail. I don't believe the view to be the issue honestly.
I checked in the log for every time I have had this issue and I am seeing standard view and FYI updates during this time. Last night a Fixup started on all databases at 2 AM, so that could explain last nights issue (mixup runs at 2 AM every Wed). However, one week it's a Wednesday we have the problem, the next week it's a thursday and friday. The week after it's a Thursday. Since Fixup is scheduled to run only once a week on Wednesdays it doesn't explain when the issue happens the other days.
This happens about once a week, otherwise the activity runs without a problem. It's annoying as I can't figure out why LEI is failing to update all of the records.