John Ormerod 9.Sep.07 04:22 PM a Web browser Toolkit 6.1 Windows XP
This is the latest in my ongoing saga of trying to get my branded Exp app exported as a Product that works.
I have got as far as being able to test the Product's definition by launching it from the Testing section of the Overview page of the .product file's editor. That works perfectly. However, after using the Export wizard of the .product editor, the resulting directory contents seem to be both incomplete and plain wrong!
I am not familiar enough with this area to know what should be in place, but it looks pretty clear that things have gone very awry. If someone can reply to this I can provide any info required.
My first attempt at running the startup.bat file produced a default Exp client screen with window controls or menu bar. I searched and found that my plugin_customization.ini file was not in the directory that had been created for its containing plugin project, and neither was the 'icons' dir. I copied the icons and the ini file to the runtime and now I do get a customised screen, but it is not the startup screen as defined, but the one you get if you close the initial / startup page. But this is some progress.
This is my startup.bat:
rcp\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.rcp.j2se.win32.x86_1.5.0.SR2-20060511\jre\bin\java.exe -cp launcherUtility.jar org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.exports.WCTMELaunchUtil
rcp\rcplauncher.exe -application com.ibm.rcp.personality.framework.RCPApplication -product uk.co.erebor.yum.client.branding.brand.KFCPortalProduct -personality com.ibm.rcp.platform.personality -clean -console
What should be the initial page is there in the 'unthemed' Open menu, but clicking it just adds to the stack trace. The critical part is:
org.eclipse.ui.WorkbenchException: Unable to create perspective 'uk.co.erebor.client.page.signin.SignInPerspective'. There is no corresponding perspective
This plugin is a packaged as a jar file, as are all the plug-in projects, except for the three I have defined for product, brand and theme.
I have also seen:
This is not surprising, given that none of the 'wsdl' directories created for the property broker are in the corresponding plugin jar files.
I can also see that for all Porlet plugins, the WebContent folder has not been included in the jar files. In fact, I think that no sub-directories for any plugin have been included in any exported plugin - jar file or dir structure.
I am also confused as to which jvm args are actually used. I can see those used in the Test launch (including my two -D parms) in the eclipse.ini file. Howver, when I close the cmd window, the resulting error 'splash' screen shows a different set, and points at a plugin_customization.ini in the \rcp directory that doesn't even exist. But, as I stated above, copying my plugin_cust ini file into the right dir, caused it to be used.