Lotus Notes/Domino 8.0.2 Fix Pack 6 Release Notice
July 26, 2010
IBM Lotus announces the release of Notes/Domino 8.0.2 Fix Pack 6, a scheduled Fix Pack of a limited number of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 8.0.2 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
As with 8.0.2 Fix Pack 1 through Fix Pack 5, Notes/Domino 8.0.2 Fix Pack 6 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs, including 8.0.2 Fix Pack 6, are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 8.0.2. (Note: Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs for Notes 8.0.2.x should be installed before fixes. See technote #1404436 for more details.)
See technote #4026644 - "Download options for Notes/Domino 8.0.2 Fix Packs". Fix Packs are not distributed on Physical Media (DVD/CD).
•If you have Notes 8.0.2 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 8.0.2 installed, use the Notes 8.0.2 Fix Pack 5 Basic install.
•If you have Notes 8.0.2 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.0.2 installed, use the Notes 8.0.2 Fix Pack 5 Standard install.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases will want to install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
However, while Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141 - "Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Cumulative Client Hotfixes."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
Note: A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release that did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in R8.0.2 but did not exist in R8.0.1 is a regression.
8.0.2 Fix Pack 6 Fix List
These fixes apply to the Standard Notes Client:
- SPR# ADC7MDU7C - Fixed a crash due to a falsely triggered in-view-edit request. At times, an incorrect view edit request may get generated in a java view even if the user did not desire to perform an in-place edit in a view row. A fix in the view event handler for Notes standard addresses the crash.
- SPR# DGAO83URR3 - Fixed memory leaks by disposing Menu listeners and Menu Items correctly.
- SPR# DKLE82SP6U - When the hotfix install manifest contains invalid XML, during installation two error dialogs may appear, but then the installation reports a success. This fix reduces the number of error dialogs to one and correctly reports an install failure.
- +SPR# IISA7ZV6L8 - Prior to this fix, another calendar could not be opened when Server_Availability_Threshold=100 was set. This regression was introduced in 8.0.
- SPR# LKIM7EWPFR - When clients are using a custom application on the server, certain edit fields may trigger a client crash. This fix introduces an INI that prevents the crash for those who are experiencing it.
- SPR# NBRR83TSSA - Prior to this fix, NSD -kill was not terminating the eclipse.exe process. This problem resulted in a splash screen, which blocked Smart Upgrade.
- +SPR# WTON7UCJMS - When an Internet address is entered or returned from a selection, a final lookup is now done to try to retrieve a Notes address from an internet address. This regression was introduced in 8.0 and 8.5.1.
These fixes apply to both the Basic and Standard Notes Client:
- +SPR# CSCT836HFL - View.getDocumentByKey and getAllDocumentsByKey fail on a very busy view, with the error "the collection has become invalid". This fix will allow collection retrieval under all commonly occurring conditions and is primarily for the server, but will pertain to both client and server. This regression was introduced in 8.0.2 FP2. (Technote 1424178)
- +SPR# HDAN82WQ4Q - The Lotus Sametime client, running stand-alone or embedded in Notes, can cause unnecessary load on a Lotus Domino server retrieving the user's Calendar entries. This lookup is triggered by the AutoStatus process feature to change status based on the user's Notes calendar. The following preferences control the the Sametime Auto-Status Change for Notes Meeting:
These can be set in the plugin_customization.ini or pushed as a policy from the Domino Server. Once set, the end user has the ability to change the preferences. (Technote 1425475)
- +SPR# JPAI82QP5S - Fixed a regression which prevents Smart Upgrade from successfully launching a .bat or .cmd file. The workaround would be to launch "cmd.exe" and put the .bat or .cmd file in the Optional Arguments in the Smart Upgrade Kit. This regression was introduced in 8.0.2.
- SPR# JPAI83TJ5Z - Fixed an issue where _sminstal.exe can kill itself because it's execution of nsd -kill will take itself out. NSD will skip _sminstal.exe when an nsd -kill is executed.
- SPR# SKAI7PJJL8 - Prior to this fix, Notes 8.x will convert outbound messages to MIME although the user set 'Notes Rich Text Format' in the location doc.
- SPR# WHAM6UAHKX - Notes crashes intermittently over CLineView::TermSelectionManagement.
- SPR# ESAR85MQL7 - Fix to update views during View.GetDocumentByKey/GetAllDocumentsByKey so self modifying views can see their modifications. This is a companion spr to SCT836HFL, also fixed in this release.
- SPR# JGRN84PJJF - Previously, OLE applications exercising Notes/Domino front-end class objects could place the associated Notes client LotusScript instance into an undefined state, vulnerable to abnormal termination. This has now been addressed for Notes clients running on Windows platforms.
- +SPR# PALT7FYQKC - Fixed a potential problem using front-end classes to open or add a database after closing another.
- +SPR# SODY7JYHSN - This fixes an incorrect path when converting a UUEncoded message. This regression was introduced in 8.0.1.
iNotes Web Access:
- SPR# MJBG7XX45Z - Fixed an HTTP crash while processing customized holidays, with long names, from Domino Web Access.
- SPR# PTHN7Y4T2M - Enhancements to active content filter.
- SPR# YQWG7E2824 - Fix to archive restore and delete. In 8.5, after the archive doc restore and delete, the inbox folder table will not be updated. (Technote 1390841)
- SPR# AHSU7REHXQ - Removed "Installation type" from Domino Server Install when using console mode.
- SPR# ANIA83MAE6 - This fix prevents non-corrupt databases from being incorrectly marked corrupt under certain circumstances with the message "DbMarkCorrupt(ReallocDbObject: 0 RRV!)". (Technote 1428659)
- SPR# CCAL843PES - Fix for a Panic ("TLS_DataKey is not the same as the TLS key stored in the TLS struc"). This error occurred when running Sametime 8.5. (Technote 1424435)
- +SPR# CSCT836HFL - View.getDocumentByKey and getAllDocumentsByKey fail on a very busy view, with the error "the collection has become invalid". This fix will allow collection retrieval under all commonly occurring conditions and is primarily for the server, but will pertain to both client and server. This regression was introduced in 8.0.2 FP2. (Technote #1424178)
- SPR# HKAI7RB9CF - This fix checks for a NULL command line path in the process image, so that NSD does not crash when dumping the process list.
- SPR# HNAA7XR9ZK - AMgr task terminates abnormally while pulling a string value from richtext.
- SPR# JCOL7EGPD3 - When trying to enable IMAP on a large database by using convert -e, if transactional logging is enabled on the server it fails with the error "Insufficient memory - Lock Manager Pool is full". With this fix, btree logging is turned off when (re)building the index. (Technote 1305550)
- SPR# JCOL7Q2QQB - Fixed a potential Domino Server crash that could occur with too many tasks in use.
- SPR# JCOL7SLL57 - Fixed an intermittent server crash during updall of database. (Technote 1416266)
- SPR# JPAI7HWJNC - An agent deleting over 65535 notes will fail to replicate correctly with SCR. This fix will break the group of notes to be deleted into smaller groups when merging multiple delete requests.
- SPR# JPAI7QNPNS - Fixed a problem where an unavailable item type interferes with a note being updated properly.
- SPR# JSHN7YSRPZ - Fixed a problem where the Out of Office Service was responding to an incorrect address. The Out of Office Service was enabled for a user and they responded to a message from a sender in a different Notes domain. The user then received a message from another sender in the same Notes domain as the user. When that second message was responded to, the Notes domain of the first sender was appended to the address, which resulted in an invalid address and ultimately a delivery failure. (Technote 1431077)
- SPR# MKIN823SZZ - Improved network performance of the web server on W32 when using a high latency network. The web server needs to wait until all data is sent before calling EndRequest.
- SPR# MOBN7DXK2Q - Server crash creating a new task in DbListen.
- SPR# PPET7XMTSD - A new notes.ini, SSL_DISABLE_RENEGOTIATE, has been added to prevent SSL connections from renegotiating. The default is to allow renegotiations. Set SSL_DISABLE_RENEGOTIATE=1 to turn on this setting.(Technote 1430331)
- SPR# PSHA7L38Q8 - Prior to this fix, users were getting merge conflict emails when document locking was enabled. The following error message could also be displayed, "Changes made to database 'XYZ' have NOT been incorporated into the database. There was a conflict detected. Your changes may be found in body of this message." (Technote 1394503)
- SPR# QJSU7PKAV5 - Fixed an intermittent Server Crash attempting to use an invalid semaphore.
- SPR# WBKK7GNJY8 - Fixed a Cluster Replicator crash which could happen under low memory conditions. (Technote 1314039)
- SPR# YGOG7KWSB3 - Fixed an instance of high CPU usage caused by an endless loop under transient low memory conditions during end user replication. (Technote 1420392)