IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 Release Notice
September 13, 2016
9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 is a collection of new features and low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 9.0.1x upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it adds new features and addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1x.
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 addresses defects in the Client, Server, Notes Browser Plug-in and Domino OpenSocial component.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 includes all of the content and supersedes the following deliverables:
- Domino: 9.0.1 FP6 IF1, IF2, IF3
- If running IBM Traveler or IBM mail support for Microsoft Outlook on Linux 64-bit, you should upgrade those products to the latest releases available prior to upgrading to Domino 9.0.1 FP7. See technote 1990034 for details.
- SPR XXLI9RNB7U - Windows Domino Server: JVM version is reverted to 9.0.1 gold's version when un-installing/downgrading from a 9.0.1 Fix Pack to a prior Fix Pack. This will not impact most customers, as downgrading to a prior fix pack is not a common operation. This issue also does not affect future fix pack upgrades. DETAILS: On Windows, the Domino server installer gives you an option to downgrade to either a prior Fix Pack level or to the gold release. If customers want to downgrade to an earlier Fix Pack level, it is recommended that you un-install the Fix Pack, which will leave the server at 9.0.1 gold, then proceed with the Fix Pack install of your choice. This will ensure the correct JVM level is installed. This issue is documented in technote 1980538.
For download options see technote 4037141 - "Download Options for Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix Packs". Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD). Active Subscription & Support is required to download Notes/Domino from Fix Central (see technote 1990043).
- If you have Notes 9.0.1 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 FP7 Basic install.
- If you have Notes 9.0.1 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 FP7 Standard install.
Note: IBM Notes Mac 9.0.1 32-bit is superseded by Mac 9.0.1 64-bit. Customers looking for a Notes Mac 32-bit client fix pack are encouraged instead to download and install Notes 9.0.1 Mac 64-bit. Passport Advantage part numbers can be found in this document: Supportability Q&A about IBM Notes and OS X 10.11.x
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, visit the fixes by release view for the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 7 Fix List descriptions:
- GTONAABGV7 (LO89121) - Client: Fixed a Client crash issue when setting up IMAP
- SFIK86WR26 (LO52999) - Fixed an issue where launched programs do not get focus (technote 1593140)
- SSSS9GACRK (LO80115) - Allow "Advanced Menus" option to be controlled via Policy (technote 1990186)
- +RGAU9XUMQP (LO85491) - Fixed an issue that would cause corrupted attachments when using the Notes API to export data. This was reproducible with the Archiving-API sample code from the API Toolkit. This was a regression in 9.0.1
- TMDS8U5R2K (LO69308) - Fixed a Notes Client delay issue when performing a copy/paste from IE using a proxy server
- RREN9DEFWW (LO77885) - Enable location roaming for roaming users
- FABN9WMMW9 (LO85019) - Addressed a potential Domino server hang condition caused by a deadlock between compact and update tasks. (technote 1979912)
- FABNA3BQDM (LO86717) - Fixed a potential Domino server crash when DBMT is processing soft deletions.
- JSSI7PD47Q (LO37811) - Fixed intermittent crash caused by 3rd party doing Ole to LSXBE
- HSPR9UN6V7 (LO84214) - Fixed a potential Domino Server crash due to a null string passed in to OSGetEnv. This issue commonly would occur if there was no carriage return at the end of Notes.ini file.
- PALT9ZLMA6 (LO86150) - Fixed DXL Export crash occurring on certain documents with bad data,
- KBRN9Q7EZW (LO81185) - Fixed a Domino Linux 64-bit server crash or instability caused by duplicate thread ids. This is described in technote 1976013 and previously required a special Domino Linux 64-bit build to be provided. Now applying this Fix Pack on Domino 9.0.1 will address the issue. Customers who previously received the special Domino Linux 64-bit build should uninstall it, re-install 9.0.1 Gold, followed by 9.0.1 FP7 or higher.
- RDSRAAWQ6U (LO89339) - Updated the time zone table for Libya, Chile and Georgia (Tbilisi)
- NNAI9FV6KW (LO78889) - Fixed an issue where we now keep the recipient name in the internet style when replying to a message. (technote 1979965)
- MLEY9R9HWC (LO82956) - Fixed error when using Google Calendar in iNotes
- KMOAA6LDVX (LO88282) - Fixes iNotes mail or calendar create failure when using Firefox 44/45. (technote 1978919)
- THIOA56QXD (LO87392) - Fix an issue where the phrase part will remain after closing the namepicker.
- TOGA9Q3GG5 (LO82425) - Fix a message display issue in IE
- +CSAO9XJAFD (LO85349) - Fixed the arrow icon of vertical scroll bar. This is a regression in 9.0.1.
- MLATA7J8PL - Security Bulletin: Fix Available for IBM iNotes Cross-site Scripting Vulnerability (CVE-2016-5881). (technote 1995122)
- RYMZA9DDDH - Security Bulletin: Fix Available for IBM iNotes Cross-site Scripting Vulnerability (CVE-2016-5883). (technote 1997010)