IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 Release Notice
June 17, 2015
9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 is a collection of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 9.0.1x upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1x.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 addresses defects in the Client, Server, Notes Browser Plug-in and Domino SE OpenSocial component.
- 9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 updates the embedded Notes/Domino JVM to 1.6 SR16 FP4 to address security vulnerabilities.
- 9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 adds support for the following: Safari 8 for iNotes; SiteMinder 12.52 SP1
- SPR XXLI9RNB7U - Windows Domino Server: JVM version is reverted to 9.0.1 gold's version when un-installing/downgrading from 9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 to a prior Fix Pack. This will not impact most customers, as downgrading to a prior fix pack is not a common operation. This issue also does not effect future fix pack upgrades. DETAILS: On Windows, the Domino server installer gives you an option to downgrade to either a prior Fix Pack level or to the gold release. If customers want to downgrade to an earlier Fix Pack level, it is recommended that you un-install the Fix Pack, which will leave the server at 9.0.1 Gold, then proceed with the Fix Pack install of your choice. This will ensure the correct JVM level is installed.
For download options see technote 4037141 - "Download Options for Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix Packs". Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
- If you have Notes 9.0.1 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 Basic install.
- If you have Notes 9.0.1 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 Standard install.
Deciding to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes, and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, visit the fixes by release view for the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 4 Fix List descriptions:
- IFAY9QZGKG (LO82854) - Fixes issue where when a user attempts to add a private Google calendar to their Notes calendar, the error "Must be a calendar user to use Google Calendar private feeds" is received. (technote 1690894)
- NNBN999LWB (LO76096) - Fixes issue where meetings sent from Outlook as rich text format, arrive in Notes as plain text emails. (technote 1511942)
- JSTN9QJV73 (LO82640) - Fixes intermittent Notes Client crash on Startup / Launch
- +IFAY9PMFDX (LO82254) - Fixes issue where the Notes Client refuses to launch after doing "Show Duplicate Calendar Entries". This is a regression in 9.0.1.
- SHEZ9P3KAP (LO82001) - Fixes install failure when installing 9.0.1 FP2 or 9.0.1 FP3 on Windows due to low memory condition in Java.
- RCFE9K5TRJ (LO80436) - Fixes Notes Client scaling issues with high screen resolutions.
- +LQPG9SPCL4 (LO83822) - Fixes Notes Client hang when pasting certain Mac clipboard content (screenshot, Keynote, etc) into a Notes Rich Text Field. This is a regression in 9.0.1 FP3.
- SHEZ9DCEWP (LO77845) - Fixes issue where the 'All Mail and Archives' search does not work when sever based archived policy is in place.
- JRED8DVKSU (LO58322) - Fixes issue where Domino's time will be wrong when DST is set to take place at a time other than 2am. If the DST change occurs at 11:59:59pm, DST will occur 22 hours early on Notes/Domino. If it occurs at midnight, it will be off by 2 hours because Domino does not actually change time until 2AM. This fix is OFF by default and controlled through a new Notes.ini DSTLAWTIME=x DSTLAWTIME not defined in Notes.ini -> Use default behavior of 2am for DST Begin, and 1am for DST End. DSTLAWTIME=Hour:Min;Hour:Min - Hour is 0-23, and Min is 0-59 - DST Time for the boundaries Begin/End. DSTLAWTIME=99 -> Windows only, use the value from stucture for DST Date Hour:Min. (technote 1687371)
- TOCL9UJJU4 (LO84263) - Fixes issue where after installing the Domino JVM security patch, running Domino as a service no longer works
- KLYH9QKT4B (LO82912) - Notes / Domino Support for TLS 1.2 (Transport Layer Security 1.2) with protocols: HTTP, SMTP, LDAP, POP3 & IMAP.
- +RGAU9T8P4Y (LO83641) - Fixes LS2J Error With "Java Constructor Failed To Execute" after installing 901FP3. This is a regression in 9.0.1 FP3. (technote 1696682)
- JACE98S37Z (LO76425) - Fixes issue where when replying to a mail that includes a graphic image, "HTMLAPI Problem converting to HTML" error occurs.
- TCHL9SST8V (LO83505) - Fixes security issue in NSD (technote 1700029)
- TMAI8UAJH9 (LO69373) - Fixes issue where the "Date of Creation of a message in the mail database becomes out of sync with the date column in the inbox.
- +TSOE8KCJCP (LO63227) - Fixes issue where Fixup does not repair corrupt database with UNID index problems. This is a regression in 8.5.1.
- JMDK9MA6EJ (LO81366) - Fixes memory overwrite caused by Domino Server crash due to improper string length being returned
- FLII9P8DA5 (LO82067) - Fixes issue where the message: "Wrong password entered for old password" error incorrectly appears when the user tries to change the password from iNotes in particular configurations. This is a regression in 8.5.3. (technote 1692952)
- +MBOA9DDC3T (LO77864) - Fixed an issue where editing the subject of a message after Spell checking and choosing "Cancel Send" would result in the edits being ignored and sending the original subject. This is a regression in 9.0.
- HMUH9Q58GQ (LO82455) - Fixed an issue where the error message "A problem has occurred which may have caused the current operation to fail" displayed when opening a specific email message with Internet Explorer 10.