Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 3 Release Notice
November 26, 2012
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 3 is a scheduled Fix Pack of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 8.5.3 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
This is the first fix pack to support OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. This Fix pack also includes JVM SR12 to address security vulnerabilities outlined in the following advisory for all applicable platforms.
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 3 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 8.5.3.
NOTE: The installer for Domino Interim Fixes (hotfixes) built 9 July 2012 or later requires a Perl 5.6.0 or later distribution on Unix & Linux platforms. For details, see technote 1600910.
For download options see technote 4032242 - "Download options for Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Packs". Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
• If you have Notes 8.5.3 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 3 Basic install.
• If you have Notes 8.5.3 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 3 Standard install.
Deciding to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
However, while Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote 1368141 - "Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 8.5.3 but did not exist in 8.5.2 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR# nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, please visit the fixes by release view for the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
Top 20 8.5.3 Fix Pack 3 Fix List descriptions:
- SPR# RGAU7W5EB9 (LO69062) - Fixes an intermittent Notes Standard client crash with embedded Sametime related to displaying Sametime awareness for an Internet style name.
- +SPR# OAGU8SDPEL (LO68095) - Fixes issue where incorrect dialog keyword list items are selected when there are null strings in the list of choices. This was a regression introduced in Notes 8.5.3. (technote 1608460)
- +SPR# AIKE8SZCQC (LO70580) - Fixes issue where garbage characters appear in the first line of a DBCS Internet mail. This was a regression introduced in Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 2.
- SRP# ADC8SG94E - Fixes an intermittent Notes client crash with Unknown Error in process Unknown and function CLSUIDocument::RemoveScriptObject.
- SPR# ADC8TS93B - Fixes Unknown Error in process Unknown and function SkinButtonWndProc.
- SPR# PBAO8SFPD4 (LO68165) - Fixed an issue where Preferences dialog box disappeared behind the Notes client.
- SPR# PGAE85UPUF (LO59072) - Fixes intermittent Notes client crash on @DocFileOldAttachments when dealing with MIME messages with attachments.
- SPR# TMDS77SMHR (LO24502) - Fixes issue where when creating a memo from stationery, autosave will save multiple copies of the memo. (technote1283019)
- +SPR# GHAT82YLR2 (LO49209) - This fix adds a new notes.ini variable to enable/disable spell checking on signature in a mail. The default behavior in 8.5.1 and above is to skip spell checking for signature text. This fix introduces a Notes.ini SpellCheckSignature=x. The default behavior is to skip spell checking signature. Setting SpellCheckSignature=1 will spell check the signature text. This was an intentional change in behavior in 8.5.1 that was reported as a regression. (technote 1450311)
- SPR# CAML7NC2CH (LO36801) - Fixes issue where long URLs are truncated when user clicks to open them in browser; prior to this fix only 720 characters of a URL are passed from the client to the browser.(technote 1425414)
- SPR# JCOL8PGT54 (LO66039) - Fixes Domino server crash on AdminpRenameInCalendarEntries call while processing an Adminp request.
- SPR# TBOX7UDMAE (LO42779) - This fix prevents the DDM Cache from getting full and thereby avoids the error message "Event correlation cache is full".
- +SPR# SSAI8E5FG2 (LO58536) - Fixes an intermittent Domino server problem where the Domino Administrator client shows the wrong file sizes after server restart. This issue was caused by dbdirman.nsf not being updated on server shutdown resulting in stale data on restart. This was a regression introduced in 8.5. (technote 1517047)
- +SPR# TPON8RWELY (LO67637) - Fixes issue where when sending an agent created mail to the Internet with disclaimers enabled, the body of the mail is removed. This would only occur if the body content was not in Mime or Rich Text. This was a regression introduced in 8.5.3. (technote 1610637)
- SPR# MALE7JYNER (LO33794) - This fix reduces replication conflicts in the Resource and Reservations (R&R) database related to busytime purging. Prior to this fix, busytime purging could occur on different server replicas and lead to replication conflicts.
- SPR# RTOA7NVRQ6 (LO51240) - Fixes an issue during semaphore dump that would yield NSD log: ERROR (0): invalid 'CollSem' semaphore signature 0x0000.
- SPR# ASBR7AMBR8 (LO26347) - Fixes Domino server memory issue with Sitemap causing an HTTP crash.
- +SPR# BSTS8AELJW (LO55671) - Fixed issue that shows an equal sign "=" next to attachments in emails if an additional mime line break "=" is present. The Router task will now remove additional mime line break "=" sign. This was a regression introduced in 8.5.2. (technote 1570892)
iNotes Web Access
- SPR# RAGG8RCL3T (LO64540) - Fixes Internet Explorer 9 hang when using Domino Off-Line Services (DOLS). If "Prompt for ID during download" is selected in Offline Security Policy (doladmin.nsf), the prompt for ID never appears and the folder selection dialog opens again. User cannot proceed to install offline. (technote 1585382)
- SPR# MJON8KJNTZ (LO62922) - Fixed an issue where users were receiving an "unterminated string constant" error with Internet Explorer, or an "unterminated string literal" with Firefox, when opening a specific email message. (technote 1516402)