IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Release Notice
January 27, 2017
Beginning with 9.0.1 FP8, fix packs have been renamed to feature packs. To ensure quality, these feature packs still have a high focus on addressing high impacting defects. Where possible, these features are optional enabled to minimize risk. The same packaging, architecture and install kits used in previous fix packs remain in use for feature packs.
IBM has identified important Notes/Domino SPRs to be fixed in the latest Feature Pack release, 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8. This notice serves as the Preliminary Fix List. All fixes in this Feature Pack have been selected through our Triage process of high impacting customer requested bug fixes and are currently undergoing testing. IBM reserves the right to remove any fix from this targeted release if it does not pass quality engineering tests. Please consider this information to be provisional. Do not base irreversible business decisions on this information until the Feature Pack has been officially released.
The Notes/Domino Fix List website on developerWorks will show you the status of this Feature Pack on the Upcoming Releases tab. This preliminary Release Notice will be updated to include a more descriptive explanation of the problem and fix, where applicable. Also, a link to the technote and regression information will be provided.
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 addresses defects in the Client, Server, and the Domino OpenSocial component. All Feature Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1.
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 includes new features that benefit our customers. Some of these features have been in development for years and we are excited to make them available. Please refer to the "New Features" section below for more details.
9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 includes all of the content and supersedes the following deliverables:
- Notes: 9.0.1 FP7, 9.0.1 FP7IF1, 9.0.1 FP7IF2
- Domino: 9.0.1 FP7, 9.0.1 FP7IF1, , 9.0.1 FP7IF2
- iNotes 9.0.1 FP7, 9.0.1 FP7IF1, 9.0.1 FP7IF2, 9.0.1 FP7IF3
Decision to upgrade
Customers are urged to upgrade to the latest Release and Feature Packs (in this case, 901FP8) to benefit from later features and fixes made to the product. By providing a number of features and fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release.
Feature Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Feature Pack available for a Maintenance Release to receive the broadest set of fixes available.
Things to Note:
- NBP replaced with ICAA - There is no NBP (Notes Browser Plugin) shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This has been replaced with ICAA (IBM Client Application Access). For more information, see IBM Client Application Access V1.0.1 documentation
- Notes Client on Linux - There is no Notes client for Linux shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This client platform has been discontinued and customers are encouraged to move to Windows or Mac.
- Domino Server on Linux32 and AIX32 - There is no Domino Server for Linux32 and AIX32 shipped with 9.0.1 FP8. This server platform has been discontinued and customers are encouraged to move to the 64-bit platforms. Windows 32 bit remains a shipped and support platform.
- Windows Server 2016 Support - (SPR #SVROAEPS4R)
- When preparing to install Domino Feature Pack 8 on a server with IBM Traveler or IMSA Server installed, please ensure that the version of IBM Traveler is updated to at least 18.104.22.168 and IMSA is updated to at least 22.214.171.124 beforehand.
New Features in IBM® Domino® 9.0.1 Social Edition Feature Pack 8
The documentation in Knowledgebase will be updated with these new features to coincide with the ship date of 9.0.1 FP8
1) Optionally Move Views outside of NSF for Increased data store in NSF.
This feature is useful for large databases and provides the following benefits:
- A smaller database file size, to avoid reaching the 64GB limitation.
- Faster database backup and restore.
- Better performance by allowing concurrent access to database and views.
2) Java Upgrade to 1.8.
The Java run time environment provided with Notes/Domino has been upgraded to Java JRE version 1.8 to provide you with access to the latest features.
3) Optionally Increase Document Summary Data (SPR #AKNX64TLRS APARID: LO04193)
You can increase the document summary data limit on Notes 9 databases to 16MB from 64K. (The size limit for a single field remains 32 K.)
4) Add support for ADFS 3.0 and update the corresponding Cookbook instructions for configuration.
New Features in IBM® Notes® 9.0.1 Social Edition Feature Pack 8
1) Optionally Add Show Options: "Group By Date" And "Beginning Of Message", To Desktop Policy Settings (SPR #JSTN98BP3T APARID: LO75595)
Administrators can add the notes.ini setting EnableGroupByDate=1 on mail servers to enable the Show > Group By Date option in all mail files.
2) Optionally Retain MIME formatting when forwarding or replying to internet messages
A notes.ini setting is now available for Notes Standard clients to retain MIME message formatting when users reply to or forward messages received from the internet. Without this setting, MIME messages are converted to Notes Rich Text which can cause some MIME formatting to be lost.
3) Optionally Enable displaying internet addresses in mail and calendar documents
You can enable internet addresses rather than Notes addresses to display in the Notes client mail and calendar. For example, display email@example.com rather than Samantha Daryn/Renovations@Renovations. To enable this feature, add the following setting to the notes.ini file on a Notes client $INETADDRESSFIXUP=1
New Features in IBM® XPages ® 9.0.1 Social Edition Feature Pack 8
1) Document Encryption/Decryption on the Web
Enables document encryption using secret or public/private keys in XPage applications.
2) XPages Extension Library upgrade to latest OpenNTF release.
- Introduces runtime support for RDBMS data sources and a Domino Designer JDBC wizard to simplify the development process
- Adds Bootstrap 3.3.7 support that enables developers to design responsive XPages applications.
- Includes various open source contributions from the OpenNTF community.
Fixes contained in this Feature Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Feature Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
9.0.1 Feature Pack 8 Preliminary Fix List descriptions:
CSYL9VBRVE (LO84524) - Fix an issue where calendar updates do not update the notes invitee's calendar If autoprocessing is enabled.
GMAA7YUHGZ (LO47397) - Allow users the option to disable password history.
+KGEW7QNV85 (LO39186) - Fixed a problem where Notes is unable to send an internet email message if the address is enclosed in single-quotes. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1.
BBSZAB5DFH (LO89375) - Fix an issue where a vaulted NSL user is not able to get new keys when public key checking is enabled.
+KBRNAEMPX2 (LO90491) - Fix a threading mismatch issue resulting in problems with cluster replication on Linux64/zLinux64 systems. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
MJBC9EBVCN (LO78311) - Fix an issue where new documents are lost when compact -REPLICA is running in a mail database.
ALSR8ZZR5J (LO72622) - Fix an LDAP search authentication issue with special characters.
MJTMA8J3MU (LO88473) - Fix a server crash issue.
+MKIN9Z6S5D (LO89583) - Fix an intermittent database issue preventing users from opening a database resulting in the following error "This database is currently in use by another person or process, and cannot be accessed at this time". This was a regression introduced in 9.0.
ARBQ9Q5HR9 (LO82463) - Fix an issue where messages sent from clients to external recipients will move addresses from the CC field to the TO field on replies.
ADONADJUDF (LO90147) - Fix an issue with the dialog prompting "How Do You Want To Open This File?" when opening a jpg or bmp file.
JGRN84PJJF (LO45099) - Fix intermittent client crashes using the Notes Client together with OLE apps.
GFAL9V7UQ2 (LO84501) - Fix the error "Your Public Key Does Not Match The One Stored In The Address Book" when the user's person document has been updated with their new public key but not the local/vaulted ID file.
PEDSA7QK9P (LO87584) - Fix an issue where the Notes Client SSO connection expires after the user's IBM notes client is left inactive for some time.
AYAVACYBSJ (LO90045) - Fix an issue where an XML attachment is rendering as part of the message body.
+RGAUADUM59 (LO90248) - Fix duplicate attachment icons when using LS embedobject to attach files to a notesrichtextitem. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
XNTCADK4VX (LO90168) - iNotes: Fix issue in Chrome 53 causing no response after clicking any item in Show menu.
+MBLTADSK8M (LO90227) - Fix a problem resulting in "formula error" and failure to log on to iNotes if the server locale is non-English, e.g. German. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
+KRAUADZLLH (LO90288) - Fix the ActiveX control pop-up when the file attachment utility is disabled. This was a regression introduced in 9.0.1 FP7.
VTMHAH8Q8P (LO091213): Meetings created in iNotes using OS timezone Brasilia are off by 2 hours.
PEDSADSHM2 – Fix an issue with Extension Library resources not being cached correctly.
GMAMAA5HTM - New extension point to overcome difficulties syncing ODPs with well-known source control products.
RPEA9FU2NH (LO78867) - Fix intermittent “document is null” SSJS error.
MKEE9USKB7 - XPages Preload gives "State data not available" warning and the document is not saved.