Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Maintenance Release - "Top 20" Fix List
August 23, 2010
Notes/Domino 8.5.2 is the second Maintenance Release on top of release 8.5. This release is primarily a bug fix release but also contains a small number of enhancements. For an overview of new features and enhancements, review the Notes/Domino 8.5.2 software announcement.
- For information on how to download Notes 8.5.2, see TN# 4026079
- For information on how to download Domino 8.5.2, see TN# 4026078
Fixes contained in this Maintenance Release
Notes/Domino 8.5.2 contains fixes for approximately 1700 known issues, of which the "top 20" are listed below. This list was compiled to identify the issues that most significantly impact customers. Issues were measured by the SPR severity level, the number of hotfixes given out, the number of customers reporting the issue, and the business impact to customers. For a complete list of SPRs fixed in Notes/Domino 8.5.2, see the By Release view of the Notes/Domino Fix List. All issues fixed in 8.5.1 Fix Pack 1, FP2, FP3, and FP4 are included in 8.5.2.
Note: A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release that did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in Release 8.5.1 but did not exist in Release 8.5 is a regression.
8.5.2 "Top 20" Fix List
- +SPR# TMDS7XRTCU - Setting the password last changed time was being skipped for the first time an ID file was being used. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1 and was previously fixed in 8.5.1 FP1. (Technote #1413465)
- +SPR# ASHH7ZEDKB - Fixed a potential client hang converting bitmaps to GIF when sending internet email. This fix pertains to both the client and server. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1 and was previously fixed in 8.5.1 FP3. (Technote #1438720)
- +SPR# DMAS7R7KVY - Prior to this fix, attachments in MIME/HTML email (located at the top) were not Printing. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1 and was previously fixed in 8.5.1 FP1. (Technote #1424862)
- +SPR# ADC7UTPGW - Fixed an intermittent JVM sound crash that could occur receiving an audio notification in Sametime. The jre/bin/jsoundds.dll file was updated in a Java 6.0 SR7 fix to address this. The JVM in Notes/Domino was updated to this Java version. This regression was introduced in 8.5.
- SPR# BJGY7XPPLY - Inbox would not refresh when new mail arrived. This fix checks for any and all open mail file folders/views and attempts to refresh each of these upon new mail. Prior to these changes, when a new mail notification came in, only open mail files for the server specified in the location document would be refreshed. These new changes perform the following: 1) find all potential mailfiles, 2) check to see if any of these are currently open, and 3) if open, notify each of these to refresh.
- SPR# JTHN7VSR7R - After searching the inbox, unread docs appear as Bold red rather than unbold/normal red. The UI choice was added in 8.5.1 to display unread messages. (Technote #1413406)
- +SPR# CSCT836HFL - View.getDocumentByKey and getAllDocumentsByKey fail on a very busy view, with the error "the collection has become invalid". This fix will allow collection retrieval under all commonly occurring conditions and is primarily for the server, but will pertain to both client and server. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1. (Technote #1424178)
- +SPR# DOLA7TLLBG - Addressed an Error "PANIC : Insufficient memory" when trying to run NSD. This issue was caused when NSD functionality was split into the nsd help library in 8.5. At fault time this library could not be loaded and was failing to run NSD. We fixed it by pre-loading the NSD Help module when Domino starts. This regression was introduced in 8.5. (Technote #1410444)
- SPR# DVDI7ED9EF - This fix eliminates crashing during a search on queries which require numerous result sets. (Technote #1326422)
- SPR# MTMY5J2JX8 - Addressed a Domino Server crash that could occur with corrupt full text indexes. This fix identifies corrupted data contained in any of the GTR KEY files. When bad data is identified, then processing stops and the index is automatically rebuilt. By default, this is off. To enable this, use the notes.ini "FTG_ENABLE_GTR_KEY_CHECK=1". (Technote #1158595)
- +SPR# SGOI7RBFG6 - Server crashed with the panic message " PANIC: OSBBlockAddr: Bad BBlock handle (0)" accessing an unbuilt column sorting index in a view. This regression was introduced in 8.0.2. (Technote #1408586)
- SPR# TPON7RBDY4 - Fixed an issue that would cause inbound mime messages to show encoded characters in header (From/To/cc/bcc) instead of actual text when using server feature to append disclaimers to outbound messages. This issue was caused by the fix for SPR AONL7BJKYM to encode subject and body in same character set in 8.5 when using disclaimers. In 8.5.2, the fix for AONL7BJKYM has been re-worked and is off by default. To enable the new and improved fix for AONL7BJKYM that encodes in the same character set without corrupting the header, set the notes INI MIMERecodeBodyAndHeaders=1. (Technote #1409550)
- +SPR# OFFI7WBSV7 - Fixed a session memory leak which resulted in a high number of BLK_NETBUFFER allocations. This regression was introduced in 8.5. (Technote #1407257)
- +SPR# AJMO7WJQ3V - User groups list creation can cause server slow downs. The problem is that the group list cache is being bypassed every time a user's group list needs to be generated. We have fixed this so that groups lists will be generated from the group cache when possible. This regression was introduced in 8.5. (Technote #1406281)
- +SPR# LMAN82ZS2Y - Fixed a problem where documents are not being removed from the inbox properly when archiving. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1 FP3 and previously fixed in 8.5.1 FP4. (Technote #1440461)
- SPR# WWHN7V5QRZ - This fix addresses a potential crash in streaming cluster replication. (Technote #1420604)
- +SPR# JSDS7VPGVV - Fixed a transaction logging cleanup caused memory corruption and various unlock type crashes. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1. (Technote #1416383)
- +SPR# JSTN7XRQYX - Fixed an issue that would cause many kvoop (used for full text processing of attachments) processes in memory leading to Domino not responding and/or unable to create new processes in memory. This regression was introduced in 8.0.2. (Technote #1418230)
- SPR# ANIA83MAE6 - This fix prevents non-corrupt databases from being incorrectly marked corrupt under certain circumstances with the message "DbMarkCorrupt(ReallocDbObject: 0 RRV!)". (Technote #1428659)
iNotes Web Access
- SPR# YZHO7VW57N - Fixed a problem where Spell Check would not work if JDK 6.0 SR5 was installed. (Technote #1404255)