Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 4 Release Notice
December 2, 2011
Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 4 is a scheduled Fix Pack of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 8.5.2.x this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 4 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 8.5.2. (Note: Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs for Notes 8.5.2 and above no longer need to be installed before fixes. See technote #1404436 for more details.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Fix Pack 4 is the final Fix Pack for the Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Maintenance Release. Future Fix Packs will be built on the latest maintenance release (as of this document, that is 8.5.3).
For download options see technote #4028680 - Download options for Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Packs. Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
• If you have Notes 8.5.2 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 8.5.2 installed, use the Notes 8.5.2 Fix Pack 4 Basic install.
• If you have Notes 8.5.2 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.5.2 installed, use the Notes 8.5.2 Fix Pack 4 Standard install.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
However, while Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Cumulative Client Hotfixes."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 8.5.2 but did not exist in 8.5.1 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
8.5.2 Fix Pack 4 "Top 20" High Weight SPR fix list descriptions:
Other SPRs fixed as part of 8.5.2 Fix Pack 4 have been documented here - http://www.lotus.com/ldd/r5fixlist.nsf
- +SPR# YGAO8GHD8X (LO60578) - Fixed a display issue that caused the menu bar of memos to display wrong information on a widescreen notebook 64-bit Windows platforms.. (technote #1502710)
- SPR# YDFS8KL9KX (LO62970) - Accommodated change in DST rules for Chile. Before this change, Calendar entries in Notes Standard client would be off by an hour during the traditional DST period. This change brings the tzdata up to tzdata2011h. See this website for information on tzdata: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/olson_table.html . A companion agent published via the IBM Lotus Notes Support site may also need to be run to correct stored DST rule entries in individual calendar entries.
- SPR# PANN8FFEFV (LO59649) - Accommodated change in DST rules due to Russian Federation abolishment of daylight savings time. Before this change, Calendar entries in Notes Standard client would be off by an hour during the traditional DST period. This change brings the tzdata up to tzdata2011h. See this website for information on tzdata: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/olson_table.html . A companion agent published via the IBM Lotus Notes Support site may also need to be run to correct stored DST rule entries in individual calendar entries. (technote #1569776)
- SPR# ATHN8DQD8D (LO62470) - Fixed an issue where an AccessAlProtected crash could occur if preloader(nntspreld.exe) was not doing a NotesTerm before exit.
- +SPR# XTCN8JBH3Z (LO62725) - Fixes a "File "xxx\RPAR.nsf" does not exist" error on launch of notes by a previously setup user when an administrator different from the one who installed 8.5.2, installs FP3. This error does not appear with earlier fixpacks. (technote #1506390)
- SPR# MDRS6JMPEU (LO40340) - It was possible for a session close to happen in the middle of certain networking operations, causing the client to crash with an access violation. Defensive code has been added to handle such session closes benignly.
- +SPR# TLAM8JZNMN (LO62607) - Resolved Domino Server crash on nIMAP ResponseProcess shortly after upgrading to Domino 8.5.2FP3. (technote #1508247)
- SPR# RBUK7PLP2T (LO56536) - Prior to this fix, Domino running on Solaris platform could crash periodically when checking readers lists during NAMELookup requests. (technote #1469091)
- SPR# NBRR85UTB6 (LO60448) - In certain cases, if an LS2J agent fails to start the JVM, a crash could result. This situation has been corrected and Notes/Domino will no longer crash in this situation.
- SPR# FLII873D3B (LO53302) - Prior to this release, NSD could crash resolving a symbol that fell in the rdata section of a executable.dll. Since symbols are not loaded for rdata sections, we would dereference a null pointer and crash. This situation is now handled.
- +SPR# HARL8ASEP5 (LO55982) - Updates to the NAB can cause groups to refresh the NLCache and result in high memory usage. This fix reduces the memory impact on the view and NLCache activity to improve server reliability.
- SPR# HSAO8BFT2E (LO56524) - Fix rare Domino server crash when editing Admin ECL from People - Policies view.
- SPR# KHAN89KMH4 (LO62604) - Fix resolves an issue where the Domino server can get into a crash-loop where it tries to take a checkpoint on startup, but cannot due to the presence of all RRV entries taking up too much room, and a panic ensues.
- SPR# JCUS8JHRVJ (LO58631) - Fix resolves a Domino Database replication issue around memory usage, which previous caused replication of databases to take more than 2 hours.
iNotes Web Access
- +SPR# JDOE8ECMAR (LO62465) - Fixed issue in iNotes around s_GeckoVersion incorrect in languages that don't use . as decimal separator. (technote #1506794)
- SPR# OABA8CLCU8 (LO60639) - Fixed a Domino server reliability problem with saving a MIME message with iNotes.
- +SPR# MJON8GCUUH (LO60521) - Fixed problem with iNotes Calendar view where a meeting created and then canceled by a delegated user still displays as Private.
- SPR# JACE88399X (LO53882) - Fixed a problem that non-ASCII attachment name becomes garbled on iNotes when try to forward multiple documents with attachment.