Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 4 Release Notice
April 16, 2013
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 4 is a scheduled Fix Pack of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 8.5.3 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
This is the first fix pack to support Windows 8 (see Technote 1615390) and Windows 2012 for the Domino Server (see Technote 1617697).
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 4 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 8.5.3.
NOTE: The installer for Domino Interim Fixes (hotfixes) built 9 July 2012 or later requires a Perl 5.6.0 or later distribution on Unix & Linux platforms. For details, see technote 1600910.
For download options see technote 4032242 - "Download options for Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Packs". Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
• If you have Notes 8.5.3 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 4 Basic install.
• If you have Notes 8.5.3 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 4 Standard install.
Deciding to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
However, while Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote 1368141 - "Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 8.5.3 but did not exist in 8.5.2 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR# nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, please visit the fixes by release view for the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
Top 8.5.3 Fix Pack 4 Fix List descriptions:
- SPR# GMAA8TQEVG (LO69022) - Fixes issue where view column sorting isn't maintained in the inbox view. This is a regression in 8.5.2 (technote 1605679)
- SPR# BBSZ82DCP8 (LO48664) - Fixes issue where when a user is renamed to a different Hierarchical Certifier, they get prompted the first time they launch the Notes client, to accept Cross Certificates for Organizations that they are not a member of.
- SPR# RCEA8JGM72 (LO62098) - Fixes issue on Red Hat 6 where the Admin Client does not show disk space
- +SPR# JSHN8ZZ2AB (LO72588) - Fixes Client focus issue when using an outline entry pointing at a view. This is a regression in 8.5.3 FP2.
- SPR# JKAE8M3DVD (LO64176)- Fixes intermittent Notes Client crash in AsyncReceivePoll -> PostReceive -> OSVBlockAddr -> Panic (technote 1573842)
- SPR# ADC8QXA8M (LO68659) - Fixes Server crash with Unknown Error in process Unknown and function DbClose2
- SPR# BFUY8XNL8M (LO71747) - Fixes Server crash when closing documents associated with a database that is being closed in the imap process (technote 1634066)
- SPR# MJBG8MV72E (LO64908) - Fixes Domino Server router hang while doing a message recall (technote 1609773)
- +SPR# RFRF92V973 (LO73083) - Fixes issue where some Chinese characters get lost in a message sent by iNotes user
- SPR# RNOG8VDLTW (LO69974) - Fixes issue where if a user is renamed to an OU an error is received if there is a policy assigning that OU to the ID Vault (technote 1599746)
- SPR# MKHS8L3TR3 (LO63302) - Fixes issue where users are prompted several times to create local cross-certificate after being moved to a new org using Adminp
- SPR# JWAE7L5SU2 (LO34992) - Fixes Server SMTP crash in NSFItemAppend
- SPR# TSAO8XFGBQ (LO71264) - Fixes Server crash with unexpected internal error returned to logger: 0x200F2010 (technote 1609851)
- +SPR# JPMS8WVLW9 (LO70915) - Fixes performance issue where Clients are unable to connect to Server due to issue in UNK processing. This is a regression from 8.5.2.
- SPR# XCXC7MEDPQ (LO36754) - Fixes server crash during conversion of a document to html by the http process
- +SPR# THIO8T2FJ6 (LO68537) - Fxes issue where after upgrading to Domino 8.5.3, the subject of a mail is lost if that subject contains Japanese characters. This is a regression in 8.5.3.
- SPR# ANIA8RVE8Y (LO69114) - Fixes Server crash in Domidx while removing databases from the Domain Index (technote 1596145)
- SPR# ANIA8JG9BN (LO62073) - Defensive fix to avoid an issue where the Event Task Crashes With "Panic: Osvblockaddr: Bad Vblock Handle." We now check to ensure that the VBlock handle is NOT NULL before using it.
- SPR# MBOD8GZQBH (LO61477) - Fixed an issue where the mail file path (replica reference) of a replica copied using dbmove is incorrect on the target server.
- +SPR# TSAO8MAEHH (LO64401) - When Alternate Name Support is enabled, while in the inbox, modification of the "To" Address is not reflected in the Altsendto Field. This is a companion fix to SPR IISA8WQABL. This is a regression in 8.5.2.
- +SPR# IISA8WQABL (LO70816) - When Alternate Name Support is enabled, while in the preview pain, modification of the "To" Address is not reflected in the Altsendto Field. This is a companion fix to SPR TSAO8MAEHH. This is a regression in 8.5.2.