IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 Release Notice
January 21, 2015
9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 is a collection of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 9.0.1x upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1x.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 addresses defects in both the Client, Server, Notes Browser Plug-in and Domino SE OpenSocial component.
- 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 updates the embedded Notes/Domino JVM to 1.6 SR16 FP2 to address security vulnerabilities. This release has all of the content from the recently released POODLE and POODLE on TLS vulnerabilities in one easy to install package that includes the content from Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 Interim Fix 3 and Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 Interim Fix 4.
- JVM 1.6 SR16 FP2 disabled SSLv3 and instead communicates only over TLS. If the Domino server is upgraded to 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 (which contains JVM 1.6 SR16 FP2), the Java Console attempts to connect over SSLv3 to the JVM layer on the Domino server, which will accept only TLS connections. Applying 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 on both the Domino server and the Java Console client will remedy the situation. For additional information, see technote 1695943 - Domino Console fails to connect to remote server after upgrading Notes or Domino to 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3
- 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 is the first Fix Pack to sign using the IBM Apple Developer ID. 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 also introduces Apple v2 Developer ID signing, which is the signing required under OS X 10.10, 10.9.5 and above.
- 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 adds support for the following:
-- Chrome 37 for iNotes
-- Citrix XenApp 7.6 for Notes
-- VMware 5.5
- SPR XXLI9RNB7U - Windows Domino Server: JVM version is reverted to 9.0.1 gold's version when uninstalling/downgrading from 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 to either 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 or 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2. On Windows, the Domino server installer gives you an option to downgrade to either a prior Fix Pack level or to the gold release. If customers want to downgrade to an earlier Fix Pack level, it is recommended that you uninstall the Fix Pack, which will leave the server at 9.0.1, and then proceed with a prior Fix Pack install. This will ensure the correct JVM level is installed.
For download options see technote 4037141 - " Download Options for Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix Packs". Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
- If you have Notes 9.0.1 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 Basic install.
- If you have Notes 9.0.1 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 Standard install.
Deciding to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes, and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, visit the fixes by release view for the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 3 Fix List descriptions:
- IFAY9MRJUG (LO81533) - Fixes issue where a meeting created on GMT+1 timezone shows an hour off. This was an issue related to recent Russian Time Zone changes. (technote 1687069)
- CSCT8UCRDC (LO69503) - Resolved situation where an expired ID Vault password prevents Notes client setup. Users encountering this issue will see the setup program continuously loop presenting the password expired dialog box followed by the User Information setup dialog box.
- +MNAA9A79FG (LO78239) - Fixes issue where Sans-Serif DBCS characters are rotated 90 degrees.
- WWAG9Q64R6 (LO78239) - After installing the Russian DST patch for Windows, the calendar month view in the Notes client shows duplicated days.
- BJGY9K5MR4 (IT01988) - Updated timezone and DST information for the Notes Standard client to include tzdata2014f. For details on timezone updates, refer to this link: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/dst/olson_table.html
- HNEO4Y9BHV (LO19418) - Fixes "Error: This field cannot be split into multiple paragraphs" error received when copying and pasting a bitmap.
- +PCDM9K3PMF (LO80390) - Fixes issue where Notes 9.0.1 does not honor the value set in "Permanently Delete Documents After" preference on local replicas when the value set is more than 46 days. This is a regression in 9.0.1. (technote 1673586)
- JSTN9NRV8B (LO81875) - Notes Browser Plug-in fails to launch under trusted sites zone with error message: "Protected mode is turned on in your Web Browser".
- ITDL9PWMFU (LO82383) - Fix for CVE-2014-3566 - SSLv3 POODLE (Padding Oracle On Downgraded Legacy Encryption). Solution adds TLS 1.0 support all Domino protocols not covered under other SPRs (technote 1692551)
- YDEN8RNH22 (LO67453) - Support added for TLS 1.0 for SMTP
- LCAY9QCDSW (L)82544) - Support added for TLS 1.0 for POP3
- BINN88QRPP (LO54370) - Fixes issue where when using the Domino Administrator client to delete users from the address book, the error: "Error Looking up name on LDAP Server" occurs. This error is seen if long alternate names are set for the users. (technote 1515714)
- JPAI9CTMWE (LO82330) - Fixed an intermittent issue that would cause a single Notes database to be locked preventing anyone from opening the database until the Domino server is restarted. Before this fix, users would experience the following error attempting to open the database: "This database is currently in use by another person or process, and cannot be accessed at this time. In order to share a Notes database, it must be accessed via a Domino Server by all users of the database."
- PALT9P8JDG (LO82071) - Fixes XPage Mobile controls failing on iOS 8 (technote 1686751)
- JKEG8YRGFN (LO71955) - The TNEF Enable Conversion function does not work well when the mail attachment type is .msg.
- GFAL9AKKJZ (LO76630) - Adds ability to validate NLO files during resync, as well as utility to encrypt/decrypt/re-encrypt NLO files. (technote 1673931)
- OIHZ93TRRY (LO73440) - Fixes an Out of Office issue for non-English Notes template users where the return date and leave date are switched.
- +SDOY9NSD8Z (LO81880) - Installing iNotesl.Msi for 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2 hangs if you try to install browser cache control (if it had been installed on that machine before). This is a regression in 9.0.1 Fix Pack 2.
- MLAT9MZ4R6 (LO57510) - Adds support for Chrome 37. (technote 1683169)
- +THIO9BU85Q (LO77122) - Fixes problem where a file attached and then deleted from a mail is not removed, and the file name is changed after existing file is removed and same name file is attached again on Internet Explorer without iNotes ActiveX file attachment utility. This is a regression in 9.0. (technote 1681889)
- +THIO9MJST6 (LO81451) - Fixes issue where with IBM iNotes ActiveX enabled, an attachment in a mail disappears when the mail is saved. This is a regression in 9.0.1. (technote 1681993)