Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 1 Release Notice
December 17, 2010
June 27, 2011: New SPR descriptions in bold below.
Lotus announces the release of Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 1, a scheduled Fix Pack of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 8.5.2 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Pack 1 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 8.5.2. (Note: Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs for Notes 8.5.2 and above no longer need to be installed before fixes. See technote #1404436 for more details.)
IBM strongly recommends upgrading to the latest Fix Pack, since Fix Packs address a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. This is a scheduled Fix Pack of a limited number of low-risk/high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known problems. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. 8.5.2 FP1 may be applied to any language version of Domino 8.5.2.
See Technote #4028680 - Download options for Notes/Domino 8.5.2 Fix Packs. Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
• If you have Notes 8.5.2 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 8.5.2 installed, use the Notes 8.5.2 Fix Pack 1 Basic install.
• If you have Notes 8.5.2 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.5.2 installed, use the Notes 8.5.2 Fix Pack 1 Standard install.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
However, while Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141 - "Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Cumulative Client Hotfixes."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
Note: A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 8.5.2 but did not exist in 8.5.1 is a regression.
Notes: If an APAR # exists for the corresponding SPR #, it will appear in parentheses next to the SPR # (LO12345)
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
8.5.2 FP1 Final Fix List
These fixes apply to the Basic Client only:
- SPR# CJSN87SQD2 - Fixed an intermittent client crash during Sametime login.
- SPR# BJGY7XXMTG - Fixed a crash which occurred when using an R6 mail template and clicking on multiple mail messages in the preview pane in the 8.5.1 client. A workaround to this problem is to upgrade the mail template to version 8.x.
These fixes apply to the Standard Notes Client:
- SPR# ADET87ZRQX - Daylight savings time change for Egypt. On August 10, 2010, Egypt will be ending DST for the month of Ramadan. Fixed a problem where the calendar entries were off by an hour between September 9th and September 30th.
- SPR# AEDS8ACV9C - Fixed a problem where policy updates that occur before the client is completely logged in are not propagated in a timely manner.
- SPR# BWLU7YJBTW - Changed the title on the Macintosh Hotfix installer page to "Lotus Notes 8.5.1 Hotfix" and the title of the Macintosh Fix Pack installer page to read "Lotus Notes 8.5.1 Fix Pack".
- SPR# CREH89B2VB - Some Sametime users experienced intermittent login failures when using SPNEGO authentication. The LTPA token was being removed from the account used to authenticate with the SPNEGO authentication server. This fix corrects the error so that SPNEGO authentication works reliably.
- SPR# CSMH899S2L - Enabling a feature may fail to configure because one or more if its features are uninstalled or upgraded by another process, causing the main feature to become orphaned. When this happens, the main feature will be removed from the manifest and the config operation will not fail but a warning added to the log.
- SPR# DWHD89SSAJ - Editing a local activity displays an error message.
- SPR# DWHD89SSE4 - Unable to add members error when editing an activity
- SPR# GMAA87KJ42 - Fixed a problem where users were unable to access RSS feeds until they have authenticated with the proxy either by opening an internet session or opening an email that has HTML images.
- SPR# IFAY88DH6Q - Prior to this fix, RSS feeds in Notes were not getting updates (deletions or additions to the feed).
- SPR# JADS83UG8V - Prior to this fix, a user was prompted with the login dialog in case their password was null.
- SPR# JCHC8ADBN8 - Error "Unexpected results have occurred during the provisioning operation." when installing XPD on the Mac platform.
- SPR# JMEA82KPUM - The following error was displayed during install of Notes. Error "Notes hotfix did not install. Error encountered while installing Notes Core Hotfix component".
- SPR# MALK854G7J - Fixed an unexpected crash issue because of a null pointer reference.
- SPR# MKRT88TP4U - Several accessibility navigation issues related to Notes help were fixed.
- SPR# MPAA7RD9C2 - Prior to this fix, the selections were not cleared whenever a Drag and Drop was performed on documents to be archived.
- SPR# MWER88NFWT - Prior to this fix, Notes Feedreader authenticated itself as "MSIE 7.0".
- SPR# PCHE89APJV - Fixed a problem where the view pane shrunk after multiple opens. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# QFHO8A59ZL - Prior to this fix, the rcplauncher failed to launch if there were quotes in the path variable on windows.
- SPR# QFHO84GJ47 - Installing 851, 851 FP4, Symphony 3.0 Add-on causes Notes not to launch. The issue is that Sym 3.0 includes base features. Some of these base features are patched. When the new base feature is installed, it orphans the feature patches. When Notes is launched it tries to configure the feature patches and the launch fails because the feature that the patch is intended for is no longer available.
- SPR# QFHO89B9A8 - Fixed a problem after installing Symphony 1.3 and the ODFPatch where Symphony will keep re-launching.
- SPR# QFHO89L52E - Provisioning "cleanup" action failed when upgrading Symphony on Windows and Mac.
- SPR# SSZG7AC6BK - After previewing a mail, insert key won't toggle read/unread status.
- SPR# XCDL89Q858 - @Domain not added to username for Copy into New Message.
- SPR# YYSN89945B - With this fix, an extra routine will no longer be run when failing to upgrade Notes on Ubuntu. Customers should exit Notes prior to upgrading on the Linux platform.
- SPR# TMDS8B5TPB - Fix resolves an issue within the Client, which failed to launch 1st time after an upgrade.
- SPR# HJHJ8AN42Q - Fix resolves an install issue, where error is reported even if add-on installer passes successfully.
- SPR# MCKD89CFJR - Fixed a XPD runtime issue "Error working with web service: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file." caused by the com.ibm.rcp.net.http bundle which overrides the platform's java.net.URLConnection implementation.
- SPR# JCHC8ADBN8 - Fix resolves install error in Mac OS x 10.6.4.
- SPR# CREH896QU2 - Fix resolves a plugin installation issue where incomplete install of a dependent plugin would cause other plugins to not work. Fix makes sure when there is an install error that all installed plugins are also deleted to avoid the scenario of incomplete plugins.
- SPR# CREH89HPYG - Prior to this fix, when using a hotfix installer (vs updatesite) to install a patch for the com.ibm.rcp.platform.feature or the com.ibm.rcp.jvm.feature in a product that does not list these 2 features in its install.xml, the patches were not enabled.
- +SPR# DKLE89KPMK - Fix resolves a install issue where user will see a provisioning error when uninstalling XPD6.2.1 hotfix. Regression in 8.5.1 FP5. Fixed in 8.5.2 FP1.
- SPR# FBUE88YJ5D - Error "Provisioning process failed to launch or was stopped before status could be determined" displayed after installing the Notes standard client with ST Embedded and ST Advanced Embedded.
- SPR# JYAN89HDFE - Fix resolves a client install provisioing issue, reported when a user upgrades 8.5.1 FP5 to 8.5.2.
- SPR# LWZU89FBMP - Fix resolves a Notes Client launch issue, which fails to launch when 8.5.1 FP5 is un-installed.
- SPR# XFXF88XEJX : Fix resolves a Client install issue reported in 8.5.1 FP5.
- SPR# DMDD858LPJ - Addressed an issue that would show multiple restart dialogs for one action. With the fix, the dialogs will remain hidden until provisioning is not busy.
These fixes apply to both the Basic and Standard Notes Client:
- SPR# ABUI7XQN8T - Addressed an issue where a delegate was unable to send a meeting invite to an internet address if it was to an internet addressee.
- SPR# BGR7XH5UU - Notes stops loading HTML data when it finds an invalid URL link to CSS. With this fix, Notes ignores the URL and continues to load the rest of the HTML data.
- SPR# DMNL84VP85 - When creating a new internet certifier via Domino Administrator the "Name of ICL database to be created" field would automatically be populated with a randomly named database. This problem was caused by changing the dialog to use layout management. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# DPAT87LSBS - Prior to this fix, MMR wasn't fully created/replicated using policy with new setup (HTA=Set initial value or SetWhenMod).
- SPR# DWHN88PDV6 - Fixed a problem where the Simple Actions and Data Sources lists in "Custom Controls" were missing. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# JPAI88GGPA - Fixed a Notes Client Hang.
- SPR# MMDD6Q4K62 - When you printed a calendar and selected the "print calendar to a document" option and "weekly style", Notes put unnecessary space between calendar entries. With this fix, Notes doesn't put the extra space any longer. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1.
- SPR# OIHZ893RHK - Fixed a problem when using @Command(EditProfile) or the NotesUIWorkspaceEditProfile method in a button. When a Notes basic user clicked on the button, nothing happened. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# PLOR7N5TU4 - Severe performance problems can persist for view rebuilds on machines that have higher level encryption on the local database. This fix alleviates this problem by properly using the local access protection in the database access.
- SPR# TSOA73EKNE - Fixed an issue that caused the Universal Toolbar to disappear after the Notes Client is upgraded/installed.
- SPR# TTAN89PG8T - Prior to this fix, non-repeating invitations from Exchange to a Domino room failed to process. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# YGAO7UPHML - Under some circumstances Notes Single Logon may delay windows logon because of a delay while interacting with Windows perfomance data on the local machine. With this fix, Notes Single Logon will no longer look for performance data so it will not slow down Windows logon.
- SPR# YHUO888CGK - Prior to this fix, rescheduling a room was keeping the reschedule and original booking. Fixed the template to process the rescheduling.
- SPR# XFXF8BQBFJ - Fixed issue where old uninstall.hotfix.xml file could be left behind and cause issues with hotfix upgrade.
- SPR# PCDL87KD9S - Changed internal provisioning logic for how desktop icons are created and removed in Symphony.
- SPR# XYGU86Q8FJ - Error "A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Symphony." was displayed after right clicking on the Symphony icon on the task bar to pin it as attached.
- SPR# CMBO87BJWV - Improved the speed of displaying Awareness information when opening large Public groups.
- SPR# CSWN85TMFJ - Fixed a problem where HTML source code was displaying in the chat transcript.
- SPR# JOGA7S7R6X - With this fix, the Do Not Disturb Privacy list will retain names when it has been disabled.
- SPR# JPAS8A7K7A - Performance improvements were made to Sametime's chat code which loads the participant list for a group chat. This is needed to fix issues during the time to show the chat window initially when there are a very large number of participants.
- SPR# KSSH7DZDTQ - IME input mode no longer automatically switched to English when opening a chat window in the Connect client.
- SPR# LXUU87S93W - A webcontainer security vulnerability has been fixed.
- +SPR# XLZG8AT68T - Fix resolves an issue reported in Sametime, where sametime cannot handle a Managed community as a secondary community. When processing it we are adding it as the default community. Regression since 8.5.2. Fixed in 8.5.2 FP1.
- SPR# MALK8C4LRQ - Fix resolves Notes Client crash due to excessive Sametime threads.
- SPR# XLZG87XHHB - Fix resolves an issue reported in Sametime, where all community information is lost once Notes is restarted.
- SPR# XLZG87XHZJ - Fix resolves an issue within Embedded Sametime where the password of un-managed community will be lost after Notes restarts.
- SPR# CSMH864KBP - Fix resolves an issue within embedded sametime, where LiveNames search within a Sametime group will pop a "null pointer exception' error message.
- SPR# ADC7WJQ3H - Fixed an Access_Violation in NLNOTES and function CLSUIDocument::RaiseEvent.
- SPR# JASG7CPTZK - Fixed an issue with LotusScript code in the PostOpen event where the current document was not available from the workspace when opened in the preview pane. This regression was introduced in 8.0.
- SPR# JCOR899K56 - Fixed a Crash that would occur while navigating after Directory.LookupNames.
- SPR# RPEA88PTJU - NotesEmbeddedObject.Remove caused Domino to crash.
- SPR# SHEZ89HAJA - Fixed a problem in Domino Designer where doing Ctrl-S while editing LotusScript would switch focus to the Help Pane, if it was open. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2
- SPR# SHHW7CGCM3 - This fix addresses the limitation on the size of the template design collection when refreshing or replacing a design.
- SPR# VMAA8A8NKC - Prior to this fix, starting the Designer stand alone failed to initialize properly. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1 FP5 but did not exist in 8.5.2.
iNotes Web Access
- SPR# ASUH8829T3 - Missing support for iNotes_WA_NoOptimizeLocalRouting notes.ini.
- SPR# DTEI87MB4Q - Customers that use multiple languages and large numbers of forms in different versions of iNotes may run into memory failures. This fix resolves that problem.
- SPR# JFAL89QS6B - New entries added to type-ahead list during current login session were not used when creating new mail.
- SPR# KRAU89RN75 - The dialog "The installation of the IBM Lotus Control has been blocked or declined. Do you want to use the IBM Lotus Control on new messages?" was displayed when using MSI to download the Activex Control. Fixed MSI to auto register DLL's instead of manually.
- SPR# MKIN88PQSQ - Prior to this fix, Domino was running out of handles in BLK_HTTP_INPROCESSMEM on iNotes/DWA servers.
- SPR# MOSI882K9E - @Domain not added to username for Copy into New Message.
- SPR# RAGG889N9M - When sending to a public group without a mail domain specified in a group just adds @.
- SPR# THIO79KGFD - New Notes.ini variable, "iNotes_WA_PreferICMHostname", added to use ICM host name when opening another user's mail file from the group calendar.
- SPR# THIO87A8LS - Prior to this fix, in the Delivery Failure Report, the address list to which the mail was not delivered contains <br/> tags. This regression was introduced in 8.5.1.
- SPR# AHOE889QP4 - Fixed a Domino Server crash: Panic: Osbblockaddr: Bad Bblock Handle, which can occur under certain circumstances while transaction logging is doing a partial rollback on a database.
- SPR# HNAA7SPB6X - Fixed a crash during server shutdown. This fix disables the usage of wsacleanup ms api.
- SPR# JFBM85TTZY - With this fix, the size of the attendee fields on a iCalendar invite will be limited so the maximum size of summary items will not be exceeded. These fields are set to 32K in default. This limit can be configured more specifically via the $IcalSMTP2NtsAddrLstSzLmt ini parameter (such as $IcalSMTP2NtsAddrLstSzLmt=36 to allow lists to total 36K). These fields combined with all other summary fields cannot exceed 62K.
- SPR# JPAI86SJ37 - This fix addresses issues erroring out of NIFOpenCollection calling NIFCloseCollection causing a panic with invalid access to a collection structure.
- SPR# JPAI896PRQ - Fixed an infinite loop in nserver.exe.
- SPR# JPMS8A2MDM - This fix corrects a lock of the GUL semaphore which should be for ODS 51 only. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# JRED84BLGN - Fixed a problem where compaction would not effectively compact databases. This regression was introduced in 8.5.
- SPR# KHAN86WTVS - Fixed a problem with inplace size calculation stats for databases greater than 4 GB.
- SPR# KKOO66F4BW - Implemented the ability to enable automatic responses to the meeting invitations option with associated ICON note info.
- SPR# LMIL88Q62X - Defensive fix for SMTP CPU Spike on malformed delivery failures. This will fix an overall system slowdown due to consuming the CPU. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# MDIY89XMSR - Prior to this fix, OSFileCopy was not copying all data for files greater than 4GB.
- SPR# MJBG86AS2Z - This fix prevents a crash in NSFDbModifiedTime4 which can occur under certain circumstances.
- SPR# MSER7YYQVW - Fixed a PANIC: LookupHandle: handle not allocated.
- SPR# MSER883QLZ - Fixed a server crash while running platform statistics.
- SPR# NORK88VQ6P - Prior to this fix, the mime parser caused the smtp server to hang when processing some incomplete mime messages.
- SPR# PHAN89ZB5T - If a network read error occurs during an http post, the initialization of internal java objects does not complete and a java thread local is not set/reset correctly. This causes all subsequent xpage requests that are processed by that thread to fail and return an http error 500 to the client. Code was added to detect this case and reset the thread local so that subsequent xpages requests do not fail. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# PHAN88HEKA - Fixed loss of embedded images in rich text fields when server persistence is set to keep pages on disk.
- SPR# SEGN85MKYN - Long non-ascii font names were not handled correctly during conversion causing the converter to exceed the size of the fonts table.
- SPR# SRYI7YCADN - Fixed a Domino Server crash when refreshing the cache that stores information for Internet Site documents.
- SPR# SWAS89GJC4 - Fixed corruption due to a bad log sequence number in a logged database. With this fix, the database will be flushed first instead of marking corrupt. If the flush fails to resolve the issue, then the database will be marked corrupt.
- SPR# SWAS89WSF4 - Fixed a deadlock between GUL lock and DBUQSem.
- SPR# TACN87YPXP - On IBM i 7.1, if more than 1 Domino PTF is installed, the NSD only lists the first one correctly.
- SPR# TPON7XGH46 - Prior to this fix, Domino rewrote the Sensitivity Header in SMTP mails. The sensitivity header is mapped to the item value, $KeepPrivate="1". This header has any of these values -- Personal, Private, or Company-Confidential.
Changes have been made to give customers control over the mapping of the Sensitivity header to the $KeepPrivate item. The changes introduce three new ini settings:
SMTP_NO_MAP_PERSONAL - if set to 1, do not map 'Sensitivity: Personal' header to $KeepPrivate="1"
SMTP_NO_MAP_PRIVATE - if set to 1, do not map 'Sensitivity: Private' header to $KeepPrivate="1"
SMTP_NO_MAP_COMPCONF- if set to 1, do not map 'Sensitivity: Company-Confidential' header to $KeepPrivate="1"
The default value for these settings is 0, so that if all are 0, then, as before, a Sensitivity header with a Personal, Private, or Company-Confidential body will be mapped to the notes $KeepPrivate item with a value of "1". Personal and Private have been mapped to $KeepPrivate="1" for a long time, while the mapping of Company-Confidential to $KeepPrivate="1" is relatively recent. Wiith the introduction of the new ini settings, customers can choose which, if any, of the settings are mapped to $KeepPrivate="1".
- SPR# TSOE887PYX - In Domino 8.5, changes were made to the way notes were allocated in an NSF that forced allocations to the end of the database. That has a negative effect on inplace compaction of databases that are on a live server. This regression was introduced in 8.5.
- SPR# TSOE88PQNU - Detect and repair specific problems with profile document's $LastReplicaIDs item corruption.
- SPR# TSOE88VMVP - Fixed a problem in writing out the super block in a partially complete state due to contention during an error condition.