IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Social Edition Maintenance Release - "Top 20" Fix List
October 29, 2013
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 is the first Maintenance Release on top of release 9.0. This release is primarily a bug fix release but also contains a small number of enhancements. For an overview of new features and enhancements, review the Notes/Domino 9.0.1 software announcement.
- For information on how to download Domino 9.0.1, see technote #4035441
- For information on how to download Notes 9.0.1, see technote #4035440
- IBM Sametime Limited Use 9 release for IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 customers, see technote #1654435
- IBM Lotus Symphony is not inlcuded with IBM Notes 9.0.1, see technote #1654437
Fixes contained in this Maintenance Release
Notes/Domino 9.0.1 contains fixes for approximately 300 known issues, of which the "top 20" are listed below. This list was compiled to identify the issues that most significantly impact customers. Issues were measured by the SPR severity level, the number of hotfixes given out, the number of customers reporting the issue, and the business impact to customers. For a complete list of SPRs fixed in Notes/Domino 9.0.1, see the By Release view of the Notes/Domino Fix List. All issues fixed in 9.0 Interim Fix 1,2,3,4 and 5 are included in 9.0.1.
Note: A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release that did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in Release 8.5.2 but did not exist in Release 8.5.1 is a regression.
9.0.1 "Top 20" Fix List
- +SPR# SHEZ97GH6E - Installs missing Windows runtime library that could prevent other applications from launching such as IBM Access Manager 7.1, IBM i Access, Citrix ICA Client, & Symantec Endpoint after installing Client 8.5.3 FP4. This was a regression introduced in 8.5.3 FP4. (technote 1637068)
- SPR# SFBI92PJ7B - Recent Contacts are not immediately updated in some scenarios
- SPR# MCHZ8R4HPK - "Search Directory For" results in Typeahead are displayed in Alphabetical Order. (technote 1580001)
- SPR# NPEI96K82Q - Fixed an integer overflow vulnerability which may be triggered by viewing a malformed PNG image. (technote 1635878)
- SPR# SFBI8WYM6S - Delays sending mails to many people using nested groups
- SPR# PJOK959J24 - Fixed a potential security issue with IBM Lotus Notes Multi User Code Execution (technote 1633827)
- SPR# JMOY95BLM6 - Fixed an issue that The IBM Notes mail client accepts Java applet tags inside HTML emails, making it possible to load Java applets and scripts from a remote location. (technote 1633819)
iNotes Web Access
- SPR#VPRS8TWTSE - Prevent a Server crash associated with passing an invalid database list to NSFGetDBChanges. (technote 1596387)
- SPR# JSSI88X82D - Fixes error message "0x1B1 - version mismatch between executable and preexisting shared memory versions" when launching Domino server.
- +SPR# WMUY97QFLZ - Fixes Domino Server crash with: "PANIC: Insufficient semaphores to handle number of concurrent owned critical regions.
- SPR# KJKJ9468AY - Fixed a Windows Domino 64-bit Server Lotusscript OLE crash. Domino in this environment was not handling the size of parameters being passed in.
- SPR# JCOL8LBJEF - Fixes Domino Server Crash On SMTP during TNEF Conversion. This crash occurred when invalid records were found in the TNEF stream; now we skip the invalid record and attempt to continue processing.
- + SPR# PPET98CPBN - Security enhancment to scrub query strings causing search to fail; work around is to add the following notes.ini: HTTP_QUERY_STRING_SCRUB=0. This fix changes the default to be off instead of being on and adds new code to prevent security X-Site script attacks against search urls.
- SPR# KLYH95CMCJ - IBM JRE / JVM in Notes and Domino upgraded to 1.6 SR14 to address a series of java security vulnerabilities outlined in technote 1644918 covering CVE IDs: CVE-2013-0809, CVE-2013-1493, CVE-2013-2436, CVE-2013-2455, CVE-2013-3006, CVE-2013-3007,CVE-2013-3008, CVE-2013-3009, CVE-2013-3010, CVE-2013-3011, CVE-2013-3012. (technote 1644918)
- +SPR# KRAU936LZ4 - Fixed problems with default iNotes preferences with numeric values for mailfiles created outside of the Domino user registration process. (technote 1632329)
- +SPR# SDOY96FE3T - Fixed Internet Explorer failure scenario when browser window is closed when iNotes Browser Cache Management feature (DWABHO) is installed.
- SPR# HKOA7T4DN5 Notes web: Fixed an issue where the web browser could hang if a window is resized to or from a very small size.
- SPR# KRAU8Y2MX6 - Addressed display issues when iNotes UI is resized several times
- +SPR# JGIR96TSW8 - Fixes a problem where domcfg.nsf will not display images on the login form