IBM Notes/Domino 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Release Notice
April 16, 2014
9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 is a collection of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 9.0.1 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. 9.0.1 FP1 is the first fixpack to also address fixes in the Notes Browser Plug-in and Domino SE OpenSocial component. 9.0.1 FP1 also contains an update to the embedded JVM. This is a new JVM patch technology compared to earlier releases and updates the JVM to 1.6 SR15FP1. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 9.0.1.
For download options see technote 4037141 - " Download Options for Notes & Domino 9.0.1 Fix Packs". Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
• If you have Notes 9.0.1 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Basic install.
• If you have Notes 9.0.1 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 9.0.1 installed, use the Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Standard install.
Decision to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
While Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Linux Notes client only: If upgrading the embedded version of Sametime to Sametime 9, customers should install 9.0.1, followed by the Sametime 9 Add-on embedded upgrade package, and finally 9.0.1 FP1. If 9.0.1 FP1 is installed before the ST 9 Add-on, Notes on Linux will hang on startup. This issue does not occur on Windows or Mac. See technote 1670512 - Notes clients on Linux will not launch if Sametime 9 add-on installer is applied after Notes 9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 is installed
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 9.0.1 but did not exist in 9.0.0 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
What follows is a subset of the most important issues addressed in this fix pack. For the full list of fixes, please visit the fixes by release view for the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, including platform specific information.
9.0.1 Fix Pack 1 Fix List descriptions:
- NNBN9CCQXZ - Fixes issues that prevents a users from subscribing to feeds from Media Galleries
- PALT8WXPLQ - Fixes an issue in function NSFItemConvertValueToText that would return the length up until NULL and not the entire length. if a NULL character was found in the middle of a rich text field
- BJHW97BRN2 - Fixes issue when using Windows 7/8-64 bit and Internet Explorer 10 where Mailto: functionality errors with "Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not installed properly"
- +TAIA9A52V5 - Fixes the 2AM data purge logic to no longer always expect a handle to a cluster database so that non-clustered R&R servers can now purge old entries out of busytime. This is a regression in 9.0.
- +CSYL9DG26X - Fixes issue where iCal PUBLISH events were not being converted properly by the Domino router. This conversion issue resulted in the inability for the end user to add the event to their Notes/Domino calendar. This is a regression in 9.0
- +WWHN95SM48 - Fixes Domino Server hang on shutdown when there is an abnormal termination of Mmc.Exe. This is a regression from 8.5.3 FP3
- TTAN95TLQS - Fixes issue opening an iCal invitation returns the error message "Database already contains a document with this UNID" (technote 1648411)
- KMUR7HNKAH - Fixes Domino Server crash on IMAP task with PANIC: OSBBlockAddr: Bad BBlock handle (7B0000) when there are a large set of documents to fetch (technote 1650301)
- WWHN972KZR - Fixes Domino Server crash with Panic: Semaphore Invalid Or Not Allocated After Recovery Manager: Log File Is Full.
- PPOR92UMM6 - Fixes issue when sending SMTP over SSL with: SSL handshake error: 1C7Bh and SSL bad peer certificate. This error occurs when an SSL implementation does not send the CA DN list during the certificate request phase. This fix allows the process to proceed. To revert to the old behavior, enable Notes.ini SSL_STRICT_V3=1. The default behavior is 0 or off.
- +VPRS99XQ3L - Fixes Domino Server Crash on Sgmlparser::terminateparse when Data URL support is enabled. This is a regression in 9.0. (technote 1653683)
- KHAN8L8W59 - Fixes issue that could result in a new profile document getting created in a user mail file with the server name as the owner. This would occur creating a new replica from one machine to another machine. This fix adds logic to prevent this condition and maintain the correct profile document.
- JSTN8AALGW - Fixes Domino Server Crash with FTGGetLastIndexTime/GetIndexDir that only occurs when Fast Restart is enabled (technote 1654140)
- SODY9DDBD5 - Fixes issue where IBM Domino applets will no longer work in browsers running a JVM at or beyond version 1.7u51. (technote 1662233)
- +SDOY8SSNU7 - Fixes iNotes issue with Windows 7 or Windows 8 where Send File as Attachment doesn't work when using language choice of French. This is a regression in 8.5.3.
- NKEY9DCQP8 - Notes web: Fixes error when using Notes web with Firefox 26 where if multiple mail tabs are opened in Notes web, the tabs are blank and the iNotes error message "A problem has occurred which may have caused the current operation to fail" is received. (technote 1659371)
- HPXG9A4C36 - Fixes issue in iNotes using Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11, where when previewing messages, user is always prompted to install iNotes Control, even though it was already installed.
- +YBJH9EWB3K - Fixes issue where on Internet Explorer Name lookup does not work if the enter key is pressed after Chinese characters are input in the To, CC, or BCC fields. This is a regression in 9.0.1
- SMAA9C9K9E - Fixes issue where after a user marks iNotes as default, a second user will not be able to mark iNotes as default (make default button is greyed out). This issue will also be seen if a user's primary mail server has changed, and the user now needs to access his mail file on a different server permanently
- +JFOR9CDSTY - Fixes issue when using Internet Explorer where opening dropdowns while composing a mail has a flash (text goes white, then shows again) in the message body area. This is a regression in 9.0.1.