Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 2 Release Notice
July 13, 2012
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 2 is a scheduled Fix Pack of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 8.5.3 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 2 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 8.5.3.
For download options see technote 4032242 - "Download options for Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Packs". Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
- If you have Notes 8.5.3 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 2 Basic install.
- If you have Notes 8.5.3 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 2 Standard install.
Deciding to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
However, while Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote 1368141 - "Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs and Upgrade Packs."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 8.5.3 but did not exist in 8.5.2 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR# nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
8.5.3 Fix Pack 2 Fix List descriptions:
- SPR# VSHA8AZVL4 (LO66100) - Fixed a Notes client crash that could occur closing a database
- SPR# VSHA8B2R79 (LO61397) - Fixes potential hang on launch of an attachment
- +SPR# PCHE89APJV (LO54770) - Fixed a problem where the view pane shrunk after multiple opens. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- SPR# RHAN8CVS32 (LO57550) - Notes client crash trying to delete message after error "ILLEGAL DELETE"
- SPR# ADC8RLQCG - Fixes Notes client hang in print dialog
- +SPR# RRAL8M5MGS (LO66747) - Fixed an issue which occurred when sending a confirmation of an Event Announcement to a group that contains duplicate subgroups. The message would not be sent after receiving the following error: "An error occurred while saving: Document has invalid structure". (technote 1600390)
- SPR# ADC8QQA8M (LO68639) - Fixes Notes crash with Unknown Error in process Unknown and function ListMergeList.
- +SPR# BHUY8MZJR8 (LO64992) - Fixes issue where the navigator pane is opening very small when the "Auto adjust panes at runtime" flag on the navigator properties is set.
- SPR# MOBN6ZKLBH (LO40207) - Fixes issue where synching contacts does not fail over to any other replicas. (technote 1579082)
- SPR# PJOK8NNSSX - Fixes issue where Notes client interactions are being terminated as the result of a roaming upgrade check on the UI thread
- SPR# PACY8M6HN6 (LO64338) - Fixes issue where contact synchronization can delete mails from different databases having different replica IDs. (technote 1596479)
- SPR# TMDS8MQMPY (LO64760) - Fixes issue using XenApp Active Directory and setting Time Zone Redirection via Group Policy Object editor whereby the Lotus Notes calendar shows incorrect start and end times. (technote 1584369)
- SPR# TITH8LNG8F (LO63791) - Fixed an Domino server HTTP crash on an iNotes request. (technote 1579496)
- +SPR# TPON8N7DKT (LO65112) - Fixes issue where return receipt does not include the return receipt body when disclaimers are enabled. (technote 1586180)
- SPR# MHAR842JGR (LO65881) - Fixes a Domino server crash with error:: Process C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe (3224/0xC98) has terminated abnormally
- SPR# ATHS7BCW5L (LO64918) - Fixed a Domino server crash in OSUnlockSem trying to release memory for Sem which was indirectly deleted by another thread
- +SPR# JPMS8NLJQQ (LO65446) - Fixes a Domino server crash on CollectSuperBlock.
- SPR# PHEY8KRJJ7 (LO63073) - Fixes Domino server CPU spike to 100% and shutdown hang when Platform Statistics are enabled. (technote 1584409)
- +SPR# SODY8RBKY6 (LO67196) - Fixes issue where CKEditor in XPages does not work correctly if there are two rich text editors on the page
- SPR# DSAN8NUV5S (LO65640) - Fixes Domino server crash in Adminp task when registering people
- SPR# YVEN87MQUH (LO69091) - Fixes Domino server with Traveler crash on HTML conversion
- SPR# ADC8PJPRD - Fixes Domino server crash in senddiag with Unknown Error
iNotes Web Access
- +SPR# MLEY8P2LQC (LO65714) - Fixes issue where the Out Of Office message in the body of the out of office mail is incorrect in German iNotes.
- SPR# PTHN87DRAA (LO65919) - Fixed an issue surrounding an expired token that would lead to hundreds of duplicate requests '/iNotes/Proxy/?OpenDocument&Form=l_CommonPollJSON&PresetFields=FolderName;($Alarms),DBQuotaInfo/'. Server console reports: "ERROR: when decoding LtpaToken [Single Sign-On token is expired]."
- SPR# PTHN8QUSVP (LO69886) - Addressed security issue CVE ID: CVE-2012-2175. Prior to the fix, it is possible for an attacker to compromise the DWA85W ActiveX control used within Lotus iNotes to remotely execute arbitrary code by instantiating this control from Microsoft Internet Explorer. This was also addressed in iNotes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 1 Interim Fix 1. (technote 1596862)