Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 1 Release Notice
March 23, 2012
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 1 is a scheduled Fix Pack of low-risk, high-impact fixes to help customers safely avoid known issues. IBM strongly recommends that customers running Notes/Domino 8.5.3 upgrade to this latest Fix Pack since it addresses a small percentage of defects that impact the broadest set of customers. Fix Packs are released periodically between Maintenance Releases to provide a greater level of stability for customer environments. They go through the same level of fix, regression and interoperability testing that occurs with Maintenance Releases. Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones.
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 1 addresses defects in both the Client and Server. All Fix Packs are language independent and may be applied on any language version of Notes/Domino 8.5.3.
For download options see technote #4032242 -- Download options for Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Packs. Note: Fix Packs will not be distributed on physical media (DVD/CD).
• If you have Notes 8.5.3 Basic Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Basic edition) 8.5.3 installed,use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 1 Basic install.
• If you have Notes 8.5.3 Standard Configuration or Notes/Admin/Designer (Standard edition) 8.5.3 installed, use the Notes 8.5.3 Fix Pack 1 Standard install.
Deciding to upgrade
Customers unable to upgrade to later Releases should install Fix Packs to benefit from later fixes made to the product. By providing a small number of fixes, customers are able to accept fewer code changes with lower risk, allowing them to "patch" an older Maintenance Release until a more extensive upgrade to the current Release is possible.
However, while Fix Packs provide important fixes and IBM strongly recommends applying the latest Fix Pack available for a Maintenance Release, IBM still recommends that customers upgrade to the latest Release + Fix Pack combination to receive the broadest set of fixes available. You will receive more overall fixes with a later Release + Fix Pack than with a set of Fix Packs on top of an earlier Maintenance Release. For more information, see technote #1368141-"Differences between Notes/Domino Maintenance Releases, Fix Packs, Upgrade Packs & Cumulative Client Hotfixes."
Fixes contained in this Fix Pack
A plus symbol (+) before the SPR number indicates a fix for a regression bug. A regression bug is an issue that was introduced in a Maintenance Release but did not exist in previous releases of that code stream. For example, a bug that appears in 8.5.3 but did not exist in 8.5.2 is a regression.
If an APAR exists for the corresponding SPR, the APAR number will appear in parentheses next to the SPR number. For example, SPR #nnnnnnnnnn (LO12345).
The Fix List database on developerWorks contains the description of each fix in this Fix Pack, and indicates which platform(s) have been fixed.
8.5.3 Fix Pack 1 Top 20 High Weight SPR fix list descriptions have been documented below.
Other SPRs fixed as part of 8.5.3 Fix Pack 1 have been documented here - http://www.lotus.com/ldd/r5fixlist.nsf
- +SPR# PANN8LNT3Y (LO63852) - Fix resolves a Calendar refresh issue. Calendar documents failed to display without hitting Refresh. (technote #1516069)
- +SPR# EFUU8P4V6P (LO65780) - Fix resolves "Invalid Or Nonexistent Document" error for a form with a "Microsoft Web Browser" control in Notes 8.5.3.
- SPR# ACHG8H6DAR (LO61086) - Fixed an issue related to recent contacts that would intermittently generate: internal error occurred during: "Dip File Auto Savejob". (technote #1516106)
- +SPR# RAGG8943EJ (LO64796) - Fixed crash that occurred when forwarding email that contains broken images. (technote #1571405)
- +SPR# RHAN8N9JHZ (LO65242) - Fixes "Error Accessing Product Object Method" message on Mailfile Open. (technote #1571238)
- +SPR# SLAE8KCM5M (LO63038) - Fixed the issue where names in typeahead were not sorted properly if they included an internet address.
- +SPR# KSIH8KYTBZ (LO63201) - Fixed a crash which was occurring in a Lotuscript agent, when processing a mail note.
- SPR# JEIN8MDRX3 (LO64767) - Fixed an issue where typeahead values were not appearing when typing due to the mailaddress field value returning as null. This code checks for this condition.
- SPR# JSTN8HUPWK LO6163) - Fixed issue where Spell Check was still flagging words after they had been added to user dictionary. (technote #1502861)
- SPR# AGUD89GKQD (LO58210) - Fixed issue where "Access to data denied" error message received when opening read-only eml file.
- SPR# XYGU7F5BRW (LO30265) - Fixes issue where Chinese characters are encoded as Japanese (beginning with x10, not x13).
- +SPR# CBMO8MSSX6 (LO64844) - Fix resolves a database fixup crash during asynchronous fixups. (technote #1572796)
- SPR# DANG7UCHMJ (LO46343) - Fix resolves use of REPL_SYNC_ALL_UNREAD notes.ini parameter as designed to sync unread counts across replicas.
- SPR# BBSZ8MRKYS (LO64753) - Fix resolves replication issue around Profile documents not replicating.
- +SPR# GTON8GHD4N (LO60576) - Fix resolves a defect where profile documents are not replicating when the best merge flag on the properties of the form is set in the design.
- SPR# KMUR8MKGX5 (LO64594) - Fixes Panic with Btenter: Called With Bdata Buffer Not Null (technote #1579630)
- +SPR# RSWG8QNBBR (LO66736) - Fixes issue where a message will get stuck on SMTP outbound server. The router then task consumes 100% CPU and the router task nearly hung. (technote #1579097)
- +SPR# MBAS8N8S4S (LO65201) - Fixes panic with: Osbblockaddr: Bad Bblock Handle (0) (technote #1585807)
- SPR# MCMA78RL9M (LO25212) - Resolved Domino Admin Client crash which loses server monitoring status each time the Admin Client crashed.
- SPR# OFFI8HSP4R (LO61564) - Fixed a crash related on a Domino BlackBerry server: NBES crash due to invalid transaction below ClientDbModifiedTimeByName.
iNotes Web Access
- +SPR# MJON8MRQGX (LO64796) - Fix resolves an issue in iNotes where Vertical Scroll Bar does not work in iNotes 853 when using IE8 in Compatibility Mode. (technote #1578806)
- +SPR# MJON8MSK2V (LO64818) - Fix resolves an issue in 8.5.3 iNotes where logout button does not work in Full Mode when Sametime is enabled in the preferences.(technote #1568710)
- +SPR# CTSI8MLMDR (LO64694) - Fixed an issue where the notes.ini setting, iNotes_WA_DefaultUI, was causing requests to be issued repeatedly. (technote #1570756)
- SPR# MVEO8JXQLN (LO62477) - Resolved HTTP crashes on Domino clustered servers caused by iNotes client.
- SPR# FYOU7ABEYU (LO26263) - Fixed issue where setting MAILTO protocol to Domino Web Access was not being honored.