Today the Bluehouse open beta has been announced. Here's a blurb from the web site that describes what you can do in Bluehouse, plus my inside scoop in bold blue.
* Host your online sales or project meeting - anyone can join - this is Sametime Unyte plus file sharing and invites right from the online meeting.
* Network with potential clients and business partners outside the firewall - a contact management app. You can import from Notes.
* Upload files and share files with others - a secure file sharing app.
* Start a group project - this uses Activities, from Connections.
* Create surveys - this uses Lotus Forms technology behind the scenes
* Turn feedback into dynamic charts or graphs - this uses Many Eyes technology. You can also upload spreadsheets to create and share your charts.
The Bluehouse launch is part of a larger strategic IBM play around "cloud computing". A bunch of other stuff got announced, too, including an update to the Unyte service that we have been working on. Read the whole press release for context.
Have you tried Bluehouse? If not, why not? What do you think? What else do we need to provide?
Chris Reckling | 6 October 2008 10:33:19 AM ET | Home Office | Comments (0)