Others may have had almost instant success with installing the Lotus Connections 1.0.1 Pilot feature, but I was less lucky, running into a DB2 install failure everytime I tried to install on Windows2003. The failure was:
"Installation Error: IBM Lotus Connections
CLFRP0309E: An error occured while installing IBM DB2 Express Edition fixpack1. For additional information, refer to the log file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\lcinstalllog.txt."
In the end I threw in the towel and called IBM. After a bit of to and fro, this was the resolution...
You MUST follow the newly-published Pilot install instructions ( http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ltscnnct/v1r0/topic/com.ibm.help.lotus.connections.doc/t_install_pilot.html?resultof=%22%64%69%73%61%62%6c%65%6d%73%69%22%20
) in the Lotus Connections InfoCenter, which say:
To install a Lotus Connections pilot server, complete the following steps:
1. Remove any existing copies of WebSphere Application Server from the system on which you are installing the pilot.
2. Remove any existing copies of DB2 and all DB2-related user or group IDs.
3. Microsoft Windows 2003 Server only: You must disable the DisableMsi policy setting in the registry before running the pilot installer to enable DB2 to be set up correctly. To do so, complete the following steps:
1. Open the registry editor by opening a command prompt and entering the following command:
2. Browse to the following key:
3. Right-click the directory background, and then select New > DWORD Value from the menu.
4. Name it DisableMsi , and set its value to zero.
5. Close the registry editor.
You must make this registry change before trying to install the Pilot feature, else you will hit the DB2 failure and the registry change then doesn't make any difference.
This certainly made a difference for me, I hope it will do the same for you...