ShowTable of Contents
Installing the Application Server Agent
NOTE: In a clustered environment, the SiteMinder Application Server Agent (ASA) should be installed on all Nodes in the environment.
Also, before the installation, ensure the correct JCE policy files are copied to the WebSphere Application Server because the Agent must use Java Unlimited Cryptography, or else Host Registration will fail. Now, follow these steps:
Install the ASA for WebSphere Application Server
1. Launch the installation wizard and accept the License Agreement.
2. Choose the Install location. If Install Directory does not exist, click “Yes, Continue” to create a new one.
3. Choose the folder in which WebSphere Application Server 6.0 (or other version) is installed.
4. Click Install, and choose “Yes, create trusted host” to create trusted host.
5. Enter the Host Registration information
Policy Server IP Address: The IP Address of your SiteMinder Policy Server.
SM Admin Username: Can be obtained from the Administrator of you SiteMinder Policy Server.
SM Admin Password: Can be obtained from the Administrator of you SiteMinder Policy Server.
Host Name: The name of the Host you want to register.
Host Config Object: Created on the Policy Server.
6. In the next screen (see figure 26), enter the name for the Agent configuration object name (this is created on the Policy Server).
7. Restart the system to complete the installation.
Configure the ASA for WebSphere Application Server
1. Copy the smagent.properties file from the ASA installation \conf folder over to the WebSphere Application Server profile properties folder, for example, c:\program files\IBM\websphere\appserver\appsvr01\properties.
2. Ensure that your system PATH includes a path the ASA's bin directory (typically c:\smwasasa\bin).
3. Start the WebSphere Administration Console, if not already running, and do the following:
a. Select Security > Secure administration, applications, and infrastructure.
b. Expand Web Security and click Trust Association.
c. Put a check next to Enable Trust Association and click Apply.
d. Click Interceptors and delete those you don’t require.
e. On the Interceptors page, click New.
f. Enter the following SiteMinder ASA class name next to Interceptor Classname and click Apply:
g. Save the changes to the master configuration by clicking Save on the next two screens.
h. Log out of the Administration Console.