This scenario is designed as an end-to-end guide to deploying Lotus Connections 2.5 in a network environment with two node. Full system specifications and a list of software used in this configuration are outlined in the spreadsheet attached to the S1: Machine details
article. For general deployment instructions, see the Lotus Connections Information Center at:
The following properties describe the environment in more detail:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition is installed on all machines.
- Database Server: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Edition is used as the backend database to Lotus Connections. Note that in this scenario there are individual database instances for each of the eight databases required for Lotus Connections to run.
- User Directory: The LDAP used is a Microsoft Active Directory 2003 server.
- Plug-ins supported: All plug-ins are supported in this environment.
- Individual Java™ Virtual Machine's (JVM's): There are individual server instances used for each component; therefore, there are 11 separate servers on each node.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): SSL is only enabled for authenticating users in this configuration.
- Integration: Lotus Connections is integrated with Lotus Quickr services for WebSphere® Portal 8.1.1.
- Mail Integration: A Domino® mail server is used to enable notifications on Lotus Connections.
- Proxy/Security: Uses Tivoli® Access Manager (TAM) / SPNEGO authentication.