ShowTable of Contents
Using Custom Libraries Video - IBM Connections 3.0.1
Watch the video full screen in a new window
Download this video in .mp4 format
A transcript of this video is available in English. For other available languages, use the Translate Page
drop-down list to translate this wiki article.
Using Custom Libraries - English Transcript
1. Use Custom Libraries to work with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) files.
2. Custom Libraries display as a widget and an application in communities.
3. Adding a Custom Library to your community is simple.
4. After adding the Custom Library, you must connect to the ECM server.
5. If there are no selections, ask your administrator for your ECM server address.
6. In single sign-on environments, use your current credentials.
7. Otherwise type your name and password.
8. Choose the folder you want to work with.
9. Clicking an item in the widget opens the full Custom Library application.
10. Uploading a file from your computer stores a copy of the file in the ECM server.
11. When you upload a file you must associate it with a document type.
12. Document types can have required information that you must fill out for the document.
13. Here the default document type is Adv Sales Doc. It has several required fields.
14. This document type is for a sales document more complex than our basic meeting notes.
15. We'll use the "Document" type, which has no required fields.
16. You can edit the local version of the file, then replace the current version.
17. Click Replace to upload a new version of a file.
18. Check out the file to lock it. This creates a draft version you can work with.
19. Click Check In to upload the new version and make it available to community users.
20. Both versions are now visible.
21. You can access the document on the enterprise server at any time.
22. You can perform most actions from the menu in any view.
23. Thank you for watching.