To update a forum topic or reply that is waiting to be approved, send a moderation action entry in Atom format to the href attribute of the entry's rel=edit link. You can update the title, content and tag elements of the topic or reply only.
Only a person added to the global-moderator role of the Forums application can update the topic or reply. See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To update a forum topic or reply, complete the following steps:
The only updates that will be applied are changes that you make to the title, content, and tag elements.
1. Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieving the Forums moderation service document for more details.
2. In the service document, find the collection with the <atom:category term="approval-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
3. Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the topic or reply that you want to update, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
4. Send a GET request to the URL that you noted in the previous step to retrieve the Atom document for the topic or reply.
5. Edit the Atom document to make your changes.
6. Send a PUT request to the href of the rel=edit link to update it.