To remove an existing colleague relationship from your profile, or to decline an invitation to become a colleague, use the HTTP DELETE method.
Only a participant in the colleague relationship or an invitee to join a colleague relationship can delete the connection. Deleted connections cannot be restored.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
1. Retrieve any user's Profiles service document using the user's credentials to authenticate the request. See Retrieving the Profiles service document
2. In the service document, find the href attribute value where the value of the rel attribute is http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/sn/connections/colleague
3. Perform a GET request on the value of the href element in step 2 to get the list of colleague connections.
4. Find the value of the href atribute in the element with rel="edit" for the connection you want to decline or delete.
5. Perform a DELETE on the value of the href attribute in step 4.