To move a forum topic from one discussion thread to another, use the edit link found in the forum topic entry in the forum topics feed.
Before you can move a topic, you must complete the following tasks:
href=<web address of the link rel="replies" element>
ref=<id element of new forum>
The value of the href attribute, which continues to reference the web address of the replies link for the old forum is automatically updated by the server to reference the new forum after you submit the edited Atom entry document using the PUT request.
1. Retrieve a feed of forums that includes the forum you want to move the topic to. See Getting the My Forums feed.
2. Find the entry representing the forum to which you want to move the topic, and then make a note of the <id> element value.
3. Retrieve the Atom entry document for the forum topic that you want to move. See Retrieving a stand-alone forum topic programmatically.
4. Edit the topic Atom entry document to reference the new forum instead of the old forum by updating the value of the ref attribute in the <thr:in-reply-to> element with the values you noted in a previous step.
5. Save the edited topic Atom entry document.
6. Send a PUT request to the web address specified in the href attribute of the <link rel="edit"> element of the forum topic that you want to move. Include the edited Atom entry document with the request. See the Input section below for details about how to handle attachments and so on.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.