To retrieve a post from a blog, use the edit link found in the blog post entry in the blog's weblog Entries feed.
You can use this operation to obtain blog post information that you want to preserve prior to performing an update. See Updating blog entries
for more information. This method returns the Atom entry of a single blog post as opposed to a feed of all the posts. If you want to retrieve a feed, see Searching all blog posts
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To retrieve a blog post, complete the following steps:
1. Retrieve the Blogs service document. See Retrieving the Blogs service document.
2. In the service document, find the workspace for the blog from which you want to retrieve the post, and then retrieve the web address of the "weblog Entries" collection in that workspace.
3. Send a GET request to the weblog Entries collection.
4. In the returned feed, find the entry and note down the value of the href attribute of its <link rel="edit" type="application/atom+xml" ... > element.
5. Send a GET request to the web address defined in the href attribute.
An Atom entry document containing the blog post.