To split a forum reply (along with the replies to this reply) from one topic to another, use the edit link found in the forum reply entry in the forum replies feed.
Before you can split a reply, you must complete the following tasks:
href=<web address of the link rel="replies" element>
ref=<id element of new topic>
The value of the href attribute, which continues to reference the web address of the replies link for the old topic is automatically updated by the server to reference the new topic after you submit the edited Atom entry document using the PUT request.
1. Retrieve a feed of topics that includes the topic you want to move the reply to. See Getting the My Topics feed.
2. Find the entry representing the topic to which you want to move the reply , and then make a note of the <id> element value.
3. Retrieve the Atom entry document for the forum reply that you want to move. See Retrieving a stand-alone forum reply programmatically.
4. Edit the reply Atom entry document to reference the new topic instead of the old topic by updating the value of the ref attribute in the <thr:in-reply-to> element with the values you noted in a previous step.
5. Save the edited reply Atom entry document.
6. Send a PUT request to the web address specified in the href attribute of the <link rel="edit"> element of the forum reply that you want to split. Include the edited Atom entry document with the request. See the Input section below for details about how to handle attachments and so on.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.