Installing Editlive! for WindowsAdded by IBM on February 17, 2014 | Version 1 (Original)
If upgrading, ensure that the Common.ear
application has been shut down.
- Note the Location of the IBM Connections Customizations directory.
The EditLive! for IBM Connections installer needs to be provided with the location of your IBM Connections Customization path. The value for this is provided by the CONNECTIONS_CUSTOMIZATION_PATH
variable within the WebSphere Application Server. For more information on IBM Connections customizations and the CONNECTIONS_CUSTOMIZATION_PATH
see the IBM Connections documentation
The EditLive! for IBM Connections installer only requires the root customizations directory as provided by this variable.
- Note the Location of the IBM Connections Web Resources Provisioning directory.
The EditLive! for IBM Connections installer needs to be provided with the path to your Web Resources Provisioning
directory. This folder allows extensions for Connections to be installed. For information on locating the IBM Connections Web Resources Provisioning
- Run the install.exe Installer executable.
The installer executable, install.exe
, is located in the EditLive!_v2.5.1_for_Connections_CIVW7ML.XXX package.
The installer may require System Administrator privileges. If prompted, click Yes
Installer steps are as follows:
- Click Next on the introduction screen.
- When prompted, review the license agreement and select I accept the agreement.
- Provide the paths noted in steps 1 and 2 to their relevant box, then click Next to proceed.
Note: Default paths are initially provided.
- Review the installation details, then click Install to begin installing files.
- Allow the installation process to finish, then click Finish to complete the installation.
- Update the IBM Connections Cache.
Once EditLive! for IBM Connections has been deployed, the IBM Connections server must be notified of the changes.
- The cache must be cleared to ensure users download the new files from the server. To update the IBM Connections' server cache, perform the steps outlined by the IBM Connections Post-Customization documentation.
- The Common enterprise application needs to be restarted.
- Verify Install.
To verify that EditLive! for IBM Connections has installed correctly, navigate to the following URL in any web browser: http://<your server here>/connections/resources/web/ephox.editlive.connections/verify.html. If the installation has been successful, a confirmation message will be displayed alongside installed version numbers.