You can add a Microsoft
® Outlook message to an activity and track it as a to do item.
Before you begin
You must have the plug-in installed and be configured to use Activities to use this feature. See the topic Configuring IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
About this task
Creating a to do item in an activity from your Outlook client is a great way to track a deliverable that others are interested in.
- Select an Outlook message.
- Click Connections -> Add -> Activity To Do.
The message title for the activity posting is completed by default with the message name. You can edit this name if you want.
- Add tags.
Tags are keywords you assign to describe your posting. Tags must be entered as a single word, separated by commas or spaces. Payroll, human-resources, and event_planning are examples of valid tag formats.
- Assign a due date for the to do item.
- Select an activity.
Click OK to save the message as a to do to the selected activity.
- Select an existing activity. Pick an Activity displays activities that you have participated in.
- Create an activity. Assign a name and optionally complete the Description and Activity Tags fields for the activity.
When you open the activity, your message is available as a to do.
Parent topic: Using Microsoft Outlook with Connections