Add a bookmark from a Microsoft
® Word document to IBM
® Connections Bookmarks, or insert an IBM
Connections bookmark into a Word document.
Before you begin
You must have IBM
Connections Bookmarks configured to use this feature.
About this task
This feature allows you to share a bookmark with IBM
Connections users, or to access public bookmarks or bookmarks that you created and insert them in a document.
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows
- To add a bookmark to your collection or share it with other Connections members, open a Word document, select a URL you want to bookmark, click Connections above the editing area (Office 2003) or on the Connections ribbon (Office 2007 and Office 2010) and select Bookmarks -> Add Bookmark.
Complete the following fields:
- Add a title for the bookmark.
- Add an optional description.
- Select whether to create the bookmark as a public bookmark that everyone can access, as a private bookmark that only you can access, or add the bookmark to another IBM Connections application.
- To insert a bookmark from IBM Connections into a Word document, insert the cursor where you want the bookmark to display and select Bookmarks -> Insert Bookmark, and then do the following steps:
- Select a view, such as My Bookmarks or Public Bookmarks, or use the Find field to filter the list of bookmarks.
- Select a bookmark. You can edit the title if you want.
- Click OK to insert the bookmark.