Before applying updates, back up your databases and your IBM
® Connections deployment.
About this task
Follow these steps to back up your IBM
Connections deployment. You can use this back-up to restore your existing IBM
Connections deployment if the update fails. This procedure backs up your entire deployment and is intended for recovery if the migration fails; you cannot use it to back up individual applications within IBM Connections.
- Stop the IBM WebSphere® Application Server instances that are hosting IBM Connections.
- Create a backup copy of the databases using native database tools. If the update fails, use this backup to restore the databases. For more information about backing up IBM Connections data, see the Backing up and restoring data topic.
- Create a back-up copy of the WebSphere Application Server Deployment Manager profile directory: profile_root/Dmgr01. For example: D:\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\dmgr.
- Create a back-up of the IBM Installation Manager data directory:
Note: This step is necessary only if you are planning an in-place migration of IBM Connections; that is, where you use the same systems to host the new deployment.
AIX® or Linux: /var/ibm/InstallationManager
AIX or Linux (non-root user): /home/user/var/ibm/Installation Manager
where user is the account name of the non-root user.
Windows: drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\Installation Manager
Windows Server 2008 64-bit: drive:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager
Parent topic: Updating and migrating
Saving your customizations
Updating to IBM Connections 3.0.1 from version 3.0
Updating IBM Connections 3.0.1
Backing up and restoring data
Preparing IBM Connections for maintenance
Migrating to IBM Connections 3.0.1 from version 2.5
5. Back up your IBM
- Create a back-up copy of the IBM Connections installation directory: lotus_connections_root.
- Create a back-up copy of the WebSphere Application Server profile directory: profile_root
Note: If IBM Connections applications are deployed on separate profiles, archive each profile.
- Create a back-up copy of the profileRegistry.xml file, located under app_server_root/properties.
6. Back up any customized configuration files. For more information, see the Saving your customizations