By default, the Search index is stored in the search/index
subdirectory of the IBM
® Connections data directory defined at install time, for example, on Linux
. This location can be changed by editing the IBM WebSphere
® Application Server variable, SEARCH_INDEX_DIR.
About this task
The requirements for the Search index location changed in IBM
Connections 3. Each node running the Search application requires its own dedicated index on the file system. Using a Search index on a network share is no longer supported. Highly-available network storage, such as a storage area network (SAN), can be used but it must be configured to be locally mounted to each node running the Search application.
Changing the value of the SEARCH_INDEX_DIR variable causes the next indexing task that fires to index all content from the beginning, so that the task creates a clean index. This operation might take some time to complete.
To change the location of the Search index, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Index settings
- Launch the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console.
- Select Environment -> WebSphere variables.
- Select the SEARCH_INDEX_DIR environment variable from the list of defined variables.
Depending on your deployment choices, there might be more than one SEARCH_INDEX_DIR variable defined. It is recommended that you have consistent locations for the Search index directory across the nodes in your deployment.
- Change all the SEARCH_INDEX_DIR variables by selecting each variable, entering a new location for the variable in the Value field, and then clicking OK.
- Save your changes to the configuration.
- Restart the Search server or servers for your changes to take effect.