Before you begin
® Connections portlets use the common directory services to enable directory lookup from IBM
Connections in the IBM WebSphere
® Portal environment. This enables typeahead for finding names. Common directory services are enabled and configured automatically as part of the installation process. Follow this procedure to configure the directory services for you security configuration.
In order to use common directory services, Portal must be configured to use a federated LDAP. Use of a stand-alone LDAP is not supported.
About this task
Follow these steps to configure common directory services for the IBM
- Do the following to copy the configuration files:
If you are using LTPA SSO, skip this procedure because no change is require. For other types of authentication, edit sonata.services.xml and change the sonataServices tag, <sonataServices name="DefaultAuthenticator">, to the appropriate value for the name attribute.
- For a single server: On the IBM WebSphere Portal server, copy the following files:
- from <wp_profile-dir>/paa/SNPortlets/components/SNPortlets/config/templates/deployment, to: <portalInstallRoot>\wp_profile\config\cells\<cell>\ .
- For a clustered deployment: On the primary IBM WebSphere Portal server, copy the files from <wp_profile-dir>/paa/SNPortlets/components/SNPortlets/config/templates/deployment, to the DMGR directory located at: <DMGR install root>\profiles\<dmgr profile name>\config\cells\<cell>\ .
(Clustered deployment only) Login to DMGR admin console and navigate to the System Administration - Nodes. Select both WebSphere Portal nodes and click Full Resynchronize.
Restart the Portal server after updating directory.services.xml or restart all of the servers for a clustered deployment.
- SPNEGO: <sonataServices name="KerberosAuthenticator">
- TAM: <sonataServices name="TAMAuthenticator">
- SiteMinder: <sonataServices name="SiteMinderAuthenticator">
- TAM and SPNEGO: <sonataServices name="KerberosAuthenticator">
Note: On a Portal 8 server, use <sonataServices name="TAMAuthenticator">
- SiteMinder and SPNEGO: <sonataServices name="KerberosAuthenticator+">
Parent topic: Installing the IBM Connections Portlets for WebSphere Portal (Refresh)