Use URIs to identify, access, and display IBM
® Connections content and profiles in a portlet.
Before you begin
You must be running the 126.96.36.199 version of the IBM
Connections Portlets of IBM WebSphere
® Portal to use this feature.
When working with a POC URI, you do not need to be aware of the page in Portal where a piece of content should be displayed, you only need to know some identifying data about the piece of content to create the URL. The correct WebSphere
Portal page to display the content is retrieved after the user clicks on a link using a POC URI format.
The POC resolver handles navigation in following manner.
- If the piece of content is community content:
- Search the community page for a detail portlet to render the content.
- If no static community page is found , search for a stand-alone page.
- If no stand-alone page is found, navigate to an error page.
- If the piece of content is from a stand-alone page rather than from a community:
- Search the standalone page for a detail portlet to render the content.
- If no standalone page is found , navigate to an error page.
For detailed information on the creating and using custom URIs to access content, see the article Leveraging WebSphere Portal V6 programming model: Part 5. Accessing portal content with custom URLs on IBM developerWorks
About this task
The following steps are an example of how you can wire portlets in an application. You can apply these steps to wiring any of the IBM
Connections portlets in an application.
- Ensure you have followed the install instructions completely. The JAR for the POC handler must be installed as described in Installing the IBM Connections Portlets for IBM WebSphere Portal.
- To configure navigation to community pages, ensure you have set the correct properties when defining the community page as described in Mapping a community page to a community.
- To configure navigation for content not inside a community, or for which a community page does not exist, ensure you have create default pages for each service as described in Configuring the portlets on a page.
- Place the com.ibm.lconn.lcaccelerator.poc.properties file in the <wp_profile>/properties directory.
What to do next
You can configure and customize certain aspects related to navigation by editing the default values in the configuration file com.ibm.lconn.lcaccelerator.poc.properties in the directory <portlet_build>/POCResolver. For example, you can customize:
Parent topic: Configuring 188.8.131.52 to address content ic301
- Portlet IDs
- Page names for stand-alone pages
- Default page to display when a target page is not available