About this task
® Connections portlets use a DynaCache to store the initial service configuration URLs for the portlets and then to store the Community feed URLs and other information to optimize the page load performance for community pages. Storing the community feed URLs in the DynaCache reduces the number of server requests to the IBM
Connections server to render the content in each of the portlets.
To set up the Connections Portlets DynaCache instance for each node in you portal cluster, do the following:
- Open the WebSphere® Application Server Admin Console and expand Cache Instances in the Resources section.
- Select Object Cache Instances.
- Select Server or Cluster as the scope, depending on whether you are deploying on a single server or on a cluster.
- Click New to create a new cache instance.
- Set the JNDI Name to services/cache/LCPortletsObjectCache and set Name to something meaningful.
- Click OK to save your changes.
What to do next
The default value of 2000 is designed to handle the number of community feeds for an average deployment. You can edit this value. For example, you might set this value to 20 times the number of active communities that would be accessed in ten minute period.
Parent topic: Deploying the IBM Connections portlets