To configure the IBM
® Connections plug-in for Microsoft
® Office and Microsoft Windows
®, you must know the URLs for the IBM
Connections servers and the user name and password that you use to access IBM
- Open a document in any of the Microsoft Office applications.
- Click IBM Connections -> Preferences above the editing area for Microsoft Office 2003, or on the Connections ribbon for Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2010.
- Enter URLs for the servers that you plan to use.
If you do not know the server URLs, contact your IBM
Connections administrator. Use the following syntax to specify the server web address:
For example: https://enterprise.example.com/activities
- Enter the user name and password that you use to access IBM Connections.
If you do not know them, ask your IBM Connections administrator.
- Specify the authentication type and URL you are using from the following choices:
Click OK to save your changes.
- HTTP basic (You do not need to specify an authentication URL for this option.)
- Site Minder
- SPNEGO (The user name and password fields are disabled when SPNEGO is selected because it uses Kerberos as the login.)
- IBM Tivoli® Access Manager
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows