Connect Outlook Social Connector to IBM
® Connections to access your network from Outlook.
About this task
You must connect to IBM
Connections so that you can access your network from your Outlook client.
- Open Outlook.
- Choose one of the following: .
Select IBM Connections to add IBM Connections as a social network.
Confirm your user name.
- Office 2007: Tools -> Social Network Account Setting .
- Office 2010: View -> People Pane -> Account Settings.
Your user name is entered when you configure the Lotus® Connection plug-in. You should not have to change it.
Click Options to choose what information is shared between Outlook and Connections.
The following options are enabled by default:
- Download contacts from social network
- Download activity feeds of contacts from social network
You can now view information about contacts in your network in the People Pane. You can also open the IBM
Connections folder in your Contacts list to view and manage your network.
Parent topic: Using the Outlook Social Connector