Create your own blog to share your ideas with your colleagues.
About this task
As the blog owner, you control how the blog is displayed and how users interact with it.
- From the Public Blogs or My Blogs page, click Start a Blog.
- If you have not already logged in, enter your user name and password.
Consult your administrator for help with login credentials.
- Fill in the fields that describe your blog.
There is a description of each field on the form.
- Click Save to create your blog.
Your blog is now available on your My Blogs page. To make it available for others to see, you must add an initial entry.
- Click New Entry to create an entry and do the following:
- Enter a title for the entry.
- Enter tags that categorize the entry.
Tags must be entered as single words, separated by commas or spaces.
- Enter the main text for the entry.
- Click Post to Blog to post this entry to your blog.
Your blog entry is now available on the Public Blogs
What to do next
If this blog is the one you will post to most frequently, you can designate it as your primary blog by clicking Set as Primary Blog
from the My Blogs
page. If you have more than one blog, your primary blog is the one users will be directed to if they view your business card and click on the Blog link. If you do not designate a blog as your primary blog, users will be directed to the most recent blog you created.
Creating a community blogParent topic: Blogs overviews, how-tos, and FAQs
Use a blog to enhance your community with a way to ask a question, brainstorm, or simply share your ideas.