From time to time, you might need to delete and rebuild the Search index. For example, if you change the context root of one of the IBM
® Connections applications, you then need to rebuild the index by deleting the current index. The index is automatically rebuilt the next time the indexing task runs.
To delete the Search index, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Managing the Search index
Changing application URLs
Restoring Activities data
Creating an initial or new Search index
Common configuration properties
- Check the value of the SEARCH_INDEX_DIR WebSphere® Application Server variable for the relevant server by doing the following:
- Launch the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console.
- Select Environment -> WebSphere variables.
- Click Show filter function.
- Ensure that WebSphere Variables displays in the Filter dropdown menu.
- Enter SEARCH_INDEX_DIR into the Search term(s) text box and click Go.
A variable called SEARCH_INDEX_DIR displays in the search results. Take a note of the value of this variable as the index location for the relevant server.
- Shut down the Search server or cluster.
- Delete the contents of the index folder that you noted in step 1e.
- Rebuild the index by following the steps described in Creating an initial or new search index.