Establish a URL pattern in a Bookmarks configuration file to indicate whether a site is an internet or an intranet site.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
About this task
Enter a URL pattern for your intranet sites in a configuration file to differentiate between internet and intranet sites.
Parent topic: Administering Bookmarks
- Access the Bookmarks configuration file as described in the topic Accessing the Bookmarks configuration file.
- Configure the URL pattern for your intranet sites, using the following format:
<ipRange from="220.127.116.11" to="18.104.22.168" />
<ipRange from="22.214.171.124" to="126.96.36.199" />
<ipRange from="188.8.131.52" to="184.108.40.206" />
<ipRange from="220.127.116.11" to="18.104.22.168" />
<ipRange from="22.214.171.124" to="126.96.36.199" />
<ipRange from="188.8.131.52" to="184.108.40.206" />
Use a regular expression to specify each <urlPattern> tag. The regular expression must be a Java
™ RE. You can add multiple <urlPattern> expressions inside <privateIntranetAllocationTable>.
- Restart the server.
- Use wsadmin commands to update the Bookmarks configuration with the new URL ranges.
- Open a command window and start the wsadmin command line tool as described in the topic, Starting the wsadmin client.
- Enter the wsadmin command UrlService.recalculateIPAddresses() to update the IP addresses.
The exact time depends on the number of URL records in your database. Repeat this update operation each time you edit the URL patterns.
Denoting sites as intranets
You can make changes to configuration settings to denote a Bookmarks site as an intranet. Changes to Bookmarks configuration settings require node synchronization and a restart of the Bookmarks server before they take effect.
Assigning URLs to intranet sites
Use the URLService commands to assign URLs to intranet sites for your Bookmarks deployment. These commands do not require a file check out or a server restart to take effect. However, after making IP range configuration updates you need to restart Bookmarks for changes to take effect. Then you must run these commands to process URL changes.